8 months ago
Operations Supervisor - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Operations Supervisor to join the Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Manager of Site Operations you will be responsible for the actions of the Operation Technicians and O&M Technicians ensuring the plant is being run in a safe and efficient manner through coordination of site operations, maintenance and engineering activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
* Effectively managing and contributing to the planning of day-to-day and longer term maintenance and engineering activities through leadership, motivation and management of Operations & Maintenance Technicians.
* Coordinating plant operations, maintenance, engineering, fault diagnosis, plant improvement and problem solving activities
* Managing the contractual agreements with long term service partners, planning support activities and co-ordinating work activities.
* Keeping up to date relevant technical documentation, procedures and records in line with business needs including the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
* Developing the ISO Quality Management Systems and ensuring the continued improvement of standards to meet the highest specifications.
* Issuing daily/weekly/monthly reports into plant operations, ensuring all data for ROC reporting is completed in a timely manner. This includes management of electrical forecasting, supporting the Manager of Site Operations in development of the Annual Generation Forecast.
* Management of the Plants budget, ensuring all costs are accounted for through the procurement system and assist the Manager of Site Operations in developing the Annual Operating Plan.
* Management of resources including the allocation of staff for call out requirements and working hours to enable effective planning of maintenance/operation activities.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
* Minimum HNC in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Control or Instrumentation)
* Working experience in a Power Generation position at a Supervisory level
* Marine Diesel Engines/Generating Units/Turbo Expander Unit experience
* Been involving with Outage Planning & Management
* Management of contracts, budgets and project management of site improvements
* Awareness of Root Cause Analysis
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor on (Apply online only) or send a CV and Cover Letter
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK
8 days ago
only 20 days until close