10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
LM Wind Power a GE company, has recently expanded its operations to the UK and are well placed to transform the wind industry.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Composite Technicians carry out all manufacturing tasks as well as materials and process trials within the UK Prototyping team. The purpose of the Composite Technician is to manufacture high quality components & test articles whilst working either within a team or alone.
Composite Technicians are responsible for the following tasks:
* Manufacture of composite components to high accuracy - including accurate trimming of various materials, accurate lay up & detailed meticulous approach to infusion and hand lay consolidation methods
* Trimming and machining of composite components to a high standard
* Reading and following engineering drawing packages that might involve plotting complex geometries
* Following all processes and procedures as set out by leadership
* Bonding of multiple components with various materials and processes
* Testing of new materials and processes
* Upkeep & Use of woodworking machinery
* Upkeep & Use of plant such as forklift truck
* Upkeep & Use of power tools and hand tools
* Upkeep & Use of workshop equipment such as resin mixing equipment
* General upkeep of workshop and storage areas
* Following All Regulatory and Company EHS requirements and standards
* Composite laminating qualifications preferred, but not essential, from any of the following fields; Aerospace, Automotive, Marine and Wind
* Experience with composites essential, with resin infusion preferential
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Positive & Professional attitude
* Positive influencer
* Self Starter
* Keen eye for detail
* Desire to work in and maintain an immaculate working environment
Locations: United Kingdom; Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Southampton, Romsey
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.