Ornithologist, Seasonal Contract - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 22-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Operational Controller Today
Salary band: Any
Purpose of Role As Operational Controller, you will be based in our Renewables Operational Control Centre in Glasgow. You will work as part of a highly motivated 24/7 team responsible for the safe ...
Associate Consultant 3 days ago
Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Consultant to join a leading international environmental consultancy. The ideal candidate will be one working ...
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Senior Consultant Industry Sector: Waste Management & Resource Management (Consultancy) Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £40,000 Office Location: Central London Consultant: Tom Wood R...
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Renewable Energy Consultant (Associate level) Job Type: Permanent Salary: £30,000 : 40,000 Location: South West England or Scotland Consultant: Nick Gillison Reference: REC:NG The Organ...
Senior Operations and Maintenance Technician 8 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer requires a Senior Operations and Maintenance Technician to join their team located in Holyhead, Wales. This person will report directly to the Site ...
|Salary band:||£20k - £25k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Consulting | Environmental | Scientific|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Ornithologist (fixed term contracts / seasonal work)
Scotland (Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow)
My client, a leading environmental engineering consultancy, is looking for a number of Ornithologists to carry out bird survey work around northern England and Scotland, primarily in relation to wind farm developments.
- Complete a range of Ornithological survey and assessment work on behalf of clients both existing and new
- Projects will be mainly on-shore wind energy and other renewables projects throughout the UK but mainly in Scotland, north of England and the Midlands
- Excellent field identification skills, particularly for upland species
- Experience of ornithological surveys for renewable energy projects desirable (not essential)
- Other ecological surveys and assessments
- Experience of working on renewable energy projects
- Degree in relevant environmental discipline (or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full driving license
- Membership of the IEEM is desirable
- Due to the nature of the work you must be physically fit and able to work outside in all weathers, along with having excellent navigational skills.
To apply: contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH081