Ornithologist, Seasonal Contract - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 22-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Ornithologist (Senior/Director) 26 days ago
Job Title: Ornithologist (Senior and Director-level) Job Type: Full time, permanent Salary: Competitive Location: Scotland and South East Consultant: Tom Wood The Organisation: The Green Recru...
Contracts Manager 11 months ago
Lancashire, Merseyside, Wigan
Contracts Manager required with a strong electrical background & also solar PV experience. My client requires someone with technical knowledge of solar PV systems along with contracts management ex...
Contracts Director 20 days ago
Contracts Director required for a large construction company in the Surrey area. The Construction Director will manage the entire contracts department. Our client are a multi-million pound turnover...
Senior Administrator – Abingdon – URGENT 3 week contract 10 months ago
Senior Administrator - Abingdon - 3 week contract My client a leading environmental and agricultural consultancy with an excellent reputation is urgently seeking a Senior Administrator to be based...
Ornithologist (fixed term contracts / seasonal work)
Scotland (Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow)
My client, a leading environmental engineering consultancy, is looking for a number of Ornithologists to carry out bird survey work around northern England and Scotland, primarily in relation to wind farm developments.
- Complete a range of Ornithological survey and assessment work on behalf of clients both existing and new
- Projects will be mainly on-shore wind energy and other renewables projects throughout the UK but mainly in Scotland, north of England and the Midlands
- Excellent field identification skills, particularly for upland species
- Experience of ornithological surveys for renewable energy projects desirable (not essential)
- Other ecological surveys and assessments
- Experience of working on renewable energy projects
- Degree in relevant environmental discipline (or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full driving license
- Membership of the IEEM is desirable
- Due to the nature of the work you must be physically fit and able to work outside in all weathers, along with having excellent navigational skills.
To apply: contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH081