Power Systems Site Service Manager - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 30-03-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Regional Business Development Manager, Singapore about 1 month ago
Salary band: Any
Regional Business Development Manager - Singapore - (120,000-180,000 SGD per annum + Bonus) My client is a global MNC offering products and services to optimize and increase efficiency for Power p...
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Senior Structural Design EngineerProgressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join one of our key clients based in Aberdeen. The successful candidat...
PLANNING ENGINEER - E&I - GAS SITE - BARROW 27 days ago
Salary band: Any
My client, a large heavy engineering company are looking for a planning engineer to come on board to assist with their outage at a large gas site in Barrow. The role is solely E&I biased so a q...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 26 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
Site Engineer 5 days ago
Glasgow, Perth & Kinross, Edinburgh
Our client has grown over the last 45 years, currently employing over 200 staff throughout the UK. They have an opportunity for highly motivated, multi tasking Engineer’s to join the team. Ha...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Engineering | Environmental | Management | Other|
|Job Categories:||Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Jobs | Electrical Energy Storage Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
Power systems Site Service and Support Manager
£50-60,000 depending on experience (negotiable)
The role of Site Services and Support Manager requires an individual who can both facilitate the activities of the site-based engineers and also develop further business out of our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment with a proven record of interfacing with customers in this sector.
- Planning and organisation of the Site Services and Support organisation.
- Coordination of a small team of engineers, including input to the recruitment process.
- Provision of support for sites across the UK, and potentially offshore and abroad, with issues surrounding electrical equipment and infrastructure.
- Basic gathering of data from sites through high level and detailed design proposals to the routine inspection and servicing of equipment such as switchgear, protection relays, metering etc.
- Schedule the activities of the site support staff in order that client's needs are met and appropriate resources are provided.
- Direct management of staff and resource development.
- Developing the business into new areas. The company is looking to develop further relationships with generation owners and operators and also penetrate into the petro-chemical and offshore industries.
- Regular visits between the company offices are to be expected.
Skills and Experience
- Site technical expertise area - switchgear, cabling, protection, motors, generators, VSDs, process control, earthing,
- Site-based QHS&E qualifications -NEBOSH General Certificate etc.
- Competence - either time-served with HNC/HND minimum or degree qualified with suitable post grad experience.
- Competent user of PC-based systems such as MS-Office applications and electrical analysis tools relevant to technical area
- Familiar with large site work systems - safe systems of work
- Familiar with safety management - has drafted MS & RAs, ideally has been involved with HAZOP/HAZID etc.
- Familiar with site infrastructure items such as LV and HV switchgear , transformers, HV Generators, LV and HV motors, cabling and earthing systems
- Experience of business management, developing business and establishing new and existing client relationships.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH092. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec.