Power Systems Site Service Manager - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 30-03-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Technical Manager - Solar Farm 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Our client is growing renewable energy company with a specialist focus on Solar PV projects. They focus on both commercial and residential installations and have a number of large projects in opera...
Development / Acquisitions Manager 26 days ago
A leading solar developer and operator are looking for a Development / Acquisitions Manager to join their Business Development team in London. This company - who are currently looking to expand - ...
Technical Manager 21 days ago
Manchester, Oldham, Hyde
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Technical Manager is required for a heating company based in Manchester. The successful Technical Manager will have a strong technical knowledge within the heating sector and have previously manage...
Connections Project Manager (Energy) 20 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company is excited to be working with an energy company offering consultancy within the industries of energy procurement, new connections and sustainable technolog...
Senior Hydrologist 11 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Hydrologist / Drainage & Flood Risk Engineer Our client is an international multidisciplinary consultancy with operations in the infrastructure, energy and environmental markets. Specialising ...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Job Categories:||Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Jobs | Electrical Energy Storage Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
Power systems Site Service and Support Manager
£50-60,000 depending on experience (negotiable)
The role of Site Services and Support Manager requires an individual who can both facilitate the activities of the site-based engineers and also develop further business out of our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment with a proven record of interfacing with customers in this sector.
- Planning and organisation of the Site Services and Support organisation.
- Coordination of a small team of engineers, including input to the recruitment process.
- Provision of support for sites across the UK, and potentially offshore and abroad, with issues surrounding electrical equipment and infrastructure.
- Basic gathering of data from sites through high level and detailed design proposals to the routine inspection and servicing of equipment such as switchgear, protection relays, metering etc.
- Schedule the activities of the site support staff in order that client's needs are met and appropriate resources are provided.
- Direct management of staff and resource development.
- Developing the business into new areas. The company is looking to develop further relationships with generation owners and operators and also penetrate into the petro-chemical and offshore industries.
- Regular visits between the company offices are to be expected.
Skills and Experience
- Site technical expertise area - switchgear, cabling, protection, motors, generators, VSDs, process control, earthing,
- Site-based QHS&E qualifications -NEBOSH General Certificate etc.
- Competence - either time-served with HNC/HND minimum or degree qualified with suitable post grad experience.
- Competent user of PC-based systems such as MS-Office applications and electrical analysis tools relevant to technical area
- Familiar with large site work systems - safe systems of work
- Familiar with safety management - has drafted MS & RAs, ideally has been involved with HAZOP/HAZID etc.
- Familiar with site infrastructure items such as LV and HV switchgear , transformers, HV Generators, LV and HV motors, cabling and earthing systems
- Experience of business management, developing business and establishing new and existing client relationships.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH092. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec.