Power Systems Site Service Manager - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 30-03-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Site Manager - Processing 11 days ago
Site Manager : Processing Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28,000-£32,000 plus company car scheme & pension Location: Wales Consultant: Sarah Chandler Ref: SCSSM33 The Organisation: The Green Recru...
Senior Site Manager - Processing 11 days ago
Senior Site Manager - Processing Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28,000-£36,000 plus company car scheme & pension Location: Gloucestershire Consultant: Sarah Chandler Ref: SCSSM33 The Organisation: ...
Managing Director Power Marketing Yesterday
Area: Solar Managing Director Power Marketing, San Francisco, USA $190 - $210k + bonus My client is a global leading project developer and EPC in the commercial, governmental and utility solar se...
Site Manager, Brussels, Belgium, €50k - €60k 18 days ago
My Client is recognized worldwide leader in heavy lifting and engineered transport with a yearly turnover of €420M and with more than 3000 employees across the world. They also have a Wind business...
Power systems Site Service and Support Manager
£50-60,000 depending on experience (negotiable)
The role of Site Services and Support Manager requires an individual who can both facilitate the activities of the site-based engineers and also develop further business out of our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment with a proven record of interfacing with customers in this sector.
- Planning and organisation of the Site Services and Support organisation.
- Coordination of a small team of engineers, including input to the recruitment process.
- Provision of support for sites across the UK, and potentially offshore and abroad, with issues surrounding electrical equipment and infrastructure.
- Basic gathering of data from sites through high level and detailed design proposals to the routine inspection and servicing of equipment such as switchgear, protection relays, metering etc.
- Schedule the activities of the site support staff in order that client's needs are met and appropriate resources are provided.
- Direct management of staff and resource development.
- Developing the business into new areas. The company is looking to develop further relationships with generation owners and operators and also penetrate into the petro-chemical and offshore industries.
- Regular visits between the company offices are to be expected.
Skills and Experience
- Site technical expertise area - switchgear, cabling, protection, motors, generators, VSDs, process control, earthing,
- Site-based QHS&E qualifications -NEBOSH General Certificate etc.
- Competence - either time-served with HNC/HND minimum or degree qualified with suitable post grad experience.
- Competent user of PC-based systems such as MS-Office applications and electrical analysis tools relevant to technical area
- Familiar with large site work systems - safe systems of work
- Familiar with safety management - has drafted MS & RAs, ideally has been involved with HAZOP/HAZID etc.
- Familiar with site infrastructure items such as LV and HV switchgear , transformers, HV Generators, LV and HV motors, cabling and earthing systems
- Experience of business management, developing business and establishing new and existing client relationships.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH092. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec.
|Salary type:||Annual salary|
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Engineering | Environmental | Management | Other|
|Job Categories:||Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Jobs | Electrical Energy Storage Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|