Power Systems Site Service Manager - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 30-03-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Wind Farm Siting Manager 24 days ago
Job Title: Wind Farm Siting Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £30 : 40,000 Location: Central Belt, Scotland Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: SREE:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Com...
PV Systems Engineer –Chicago, USA. 7 days ago
A leading renewable Engineering and Design company who focus on the design of large scale, commercial rooftop and ground mount solar PV projects.My client is a proven player within the solar PV ind...
Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell
Senior Electrical Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer is required for an excellent opportunity just north of Milton Keynes. The company are involved in a variety of power engineering and renewable...
Service Engineer 14 days ago
London, , West London, Uxbridge
Service Engineer with experience in Rainwater Harvesting, Solar Thermal or Heat Pumps required. My client deal specifically in Rainwater Harvesting and Grey Water Recycling and require a Service En...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Engineering | Environmental | Management | Other|
|Job Categories:||Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Jobs | Electrical Energy Storage Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
Power systems Site Service and Support Manager
£50-60,000 depending on experience (negotiable)
The role of Site Services and Support Manager requires an individual who can both facilitate the activities of the site-based engineers and also develop further business out of our Glasgow office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment with a proven record of interfacing with customers in this sector.
- Planning and organisation of the Site Services and Support organisation.
- Coordination of a small team of engineers, including input to the recruitment process.
- Provision of support for sites across the UK, and potentially offshore and abroad, with issues surrounding electrical equipment and infrastructure.
- Basic gathering of data from sites through high level and detailed design proposals to the routine inspection and servicing of equipment such as switchgear, protection relays, metering etc.
- Schedule the activities of the site support staff in order that client's needs are met and appropriate resources are provided.
- Direct management of staff and resource development.
- Developing the business into new areas. The company is looking to develop further relationships with generation owners and operators and also penetrate into the petro-chemical and offshore industries.
- Regular visits between the company offices are to be expected.
Skills and Experience
- Site technical expertise area - switchgear, cabling, protection, motors, generators, VSDs, process control, earthing,
- Site-based QHS&E qualifications -NEBOSH General Certificate etc.
- Competence - either time-served with HNC/HND minimum or degree qualified with suitable post grad experience.
- Competent user of PC-based systems such as MS-Office applications and electrical analysis tools relevant to technical area
- Familiar with large site work systems - safe systems of work
- Familiar with safety management - has drafted MS & RAs, ideally has been involved with HAZOP/HAZID etc.
- Familiar with site infrastructure items such as LV and HV switchgear , transformers, HV Generators, LV and HV motors, cabling and earthing systems
- Experience of business management, developing business and establishing new and existing client relationships.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH092. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec.