over 5 years ago
£38000 to £46000
Peritus Green Associates
My client has a fantastic reputation with their own staff and across the industry as a whole as one of the best consultancies to work for. The client currently has a vacancy for a dynamic and forward thinking Principal Consultant to lead and manage a team of consultants in the South of England. The successful candidate will have proven commercial skills as well as being an experienced ecologist with survey and development licences for key protected species and a track record of delivering cost effective ecological solutions for development, utility, rail and other infrastructure projects.
As a key member of the environment group you will work with a team of other Principal Consultants covering EIA, Arboriculture, Renewables, GIS, Land Management and Software Development to grow the consultancy business. You will have responsibility for delivering results in the following areas:
* Win and project manage complex ecological projects for a range of clients. Set professional standards for the ecology team, particularly by providing specialist ecological knowledge.
* Fulfil a senior management role in the office and lead and manage a team of ecology consultants covering the South of England.
* Prepare and implement detailed team budgets and resource work plans, prepare and implement sales, marketing and business development plans
* Develop and manage key accounts and develop innovative and cost effective ecological services to reflect client requirements
* Work with account managers to raise the profile of the ecological services amongst key client groups.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Substantial business development experience in the ecology consultancy field, including writing of bids and proposals, client presentations, account management and product development.
* Staff management experience, with good skills in mentoring and coaching consultants in both technical issues and business development.
* Experience of developing and implementing innovative and cost effective mitigation plans to enable development works for commercial clients
* Be an excellent leader and communicator able to communicate your vision to your team and to the wider management.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an ecological or natural science subject.
* Excellent knowledge of UK habitats, protected species and planning legislation and policy in the UK and Europe.
* A high level of knowledge of ecological survey methods including robustness, statistical analysis, quality control.
* Possess survey or development licences for relevant EPS.
* Proficient in writing reports, tenders, proposal and marketing material for articles and the company website
* Full membership of IEEM.
* Current full driving licence
As an industry leader this client offers great opportunities to grow and develop your career. As one of the largest environmental consultancies to the land based, agricultural and food industries throughout the UK, their strength lies in their ability to provide clients with science based solutions through an unparalleled breadth of objective, topical, information, advice and implementation services. For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact the Environmental Team on firstname.lastname@example.org orquoting the reference number ENV188.