Principal Ecologist/Ecology Team Leader - Peritus Green
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principal Ecologist 26 days ago
Job Title: Principal Ecologist Job Type: Full time, permanent Salary: £30,000 : £40,000 Location: Shropshire Consultant: Tom Wood The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is representin...
Principal Ecologist 19 days ago
Job Title: Principal Ecologist Job Type: Full time, permanent Salary: £40,000 : £50,000 Location: South-East Consultant: Tom Wood The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is representin...
Senior Ecologist 26 days ago
Job Title: Senior Ecologist Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Salary: up to £35,000 depending on experience Location: Hampshire Consultant: Tom Wood The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Compan...
Senior Ecologist (Bat) 19 days ago
Job Title: Senior Ecologist (Bat) Job Type: Full time, permanent Salary: 25,000-35,000 depending on experience Location: South East Consultant: Tom Wood Reference: BAT14 The Organisation: The...
As a key member of the environment group you will work with a team of other Principal Consultants covering EIA, Arboriculture, Renewables, GIS, Land Management and Software Development to grow the consultancy business. You will have responsibility for delivering results in the following areas:
* Win and project manage complex ecological projects for a range of clients. Set professional standards for the ecology team, particularly by providing specialist ecological knowledge.
* Fulfil a senior management role in the office and lead and manage a team of ecology consultants covering the South of England.
* Prepare and implement detailed team budgets and resource work plans, prepare and implement sales, marketing and business development plans
* Develop and manage key accounts and develop innovative and cost effective ecological services to reflect client requirements
* Work with account managers to raise the profile of the ecological services amongst key client groups.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Substantial business development experience in the ecology consultancy field, including writing of bids and proposals, client presentations, account management and product development.
* Staff management experience, with good skills in mentoring and coaching consultants in both technical issues and business development.
* Experience of developing and implementing innovative and cost effective mitigation plans to enable development works for commercial clients
* Be an excellent leader and communicator able to communicate your vision to your team and to the wider management.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an ecological or natural science subject.
* Excellent knowledge of UK habitats, protected species and planning legislation and policy in the UK and Europe.
* A high level of knowledge of ecological survey methods including robustness, statistical analysis, quality control.
* Possess survey or development licences for relevant EPS.
* Proficient in writing reports, tenders, proposal and marketing material for articles and the company website
* Full membership of IEEM.
* Current full driving licence
As an industry leader this client offers great opportunities to grow and develop your career. As one of the largest environmental consultancies to the land based, agricultural and food industries throughout the UK, their strength lies in their ability to provide clients with science based solutions through an unparalleled breadth of objective, topical, information, advice and implementation services. For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact the Environmental Team on orquoting the reference number ENV188.