9 months ago
Principal EIA Consultant - Cardiff
The Exciting Opportunity
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Principal EIA practitioner with a strong track record in co-ordinating the production of large EIAs for major infrastructure and development projects into our Cardiff office.
The successful candidate will be part of the wider UK Environmental Assessment team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public sector clients.
We are seeking to locate an experienced Principal EIA practitioner with an ability to think in a problem solving and multi-disciplinary way. You need to be experienced in co-ordination of EIAs and advising clients on the environmental risks and opportunities associated with their sites.
Our EIA team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Cardiff Office EIA Lead, you will provide EIA advice to clients, leading the preparation of a range of EIA deliverables including desk studies, screening requests, scoping reports, option/ feasibility studies, informal EIA assessments and Environmental Statements. You will also contribute to bid preparation and business development through building relationships within the Arcadis business as well as with existing and new clients. You will work closely with our existing EIA team to develop opportunities as well as work alongside colleagues of other disciplines and sectors of the business to enhance our EIA capability and reputation in the marketplace.
You will proactively manage selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications. You will also be responsible for managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of projects to ensure a successful result. You will liaise with the Project Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project. You will prepare proposals to secure work and maintain an understanding of the background of the client's business to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry.
- Managing projects with minimum supervision with technical and commercial delivery of projects, as EIA co-ordinator;
- Establish strong relationships with environmental disciplines and engineers;
- Ensuring EIA advice complies with regulation and best practice; and
- Mentoring EIA graduates.
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree and Membership of IEMA, with Masters Degree in relevant Environmental discipline preferred;
- Practitioner Membership working towards Chartered status, with Full Chartered Membership of IEMA preferred;
- Delivery focussed;
- Travel Flexibility;
- Demonstrable experience in a similar EIA Co-ordination role with proven experience in delivering projects for a variety of developments such as renewable energy, transportation, rail, water and land development schemes;
- Proven experience and an in-depth understanding of EIA processes and relevant UK legislation are essential.
- Experience must include project management responsibilities, including commercial and risk aspects;
- Proven quality report writing skills;
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Team player with demonstrable previous experience in the management / coordination of multi-disciplinary teams;
- An understanding environmental law, consenting regimes and procedures is an advantage, as is an interest and / or experience in sustainable development issues;
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining client relationships; and
- Full and valid driving licence.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate 2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: ***************.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
A waiting period applies to some benefits
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.