11 months ago
Waterman Aspen are looking for a Principal Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Consultant in London
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional EIA team with a strong reputation for quality, working on a wide variety of high profile projects in the urban regeneration and infrastructure sectors. The project sectors we are currently involved in include large scale masterplans, mixed-use, leisure, retail, heritage-based redevelopment and infrastructure works. We also offer an opportunity for candidates to be involved in other service sectors including feasibility studies, masterplanning support, Environmental Management Plans, Sustainability Appraisals, Strategic Environmental Assessment and Water Framework Directive (WFD) Assessments. We are inviting EIA professionals with previous consultancy experience to apply. Core responsibilities will include:
* Co-ordination of a variety of EIA projects, including budget control.
* Preparation and project management of Environmental Statements (ES) and related deliverables. * Client liaison and development of client and key influencer relationships.
* Contribution to business development. * Contribution to various initiatives, such as development of new services and training.
* Preparation of fee proposals and assistance with bids and commercial pitches.
* Autonomous working with excellent communication skills (including technical report writing).
* Mentoring and development of junior colleagues.
The candidate we are seeking should ideally have:
* A positive and proactive approach.
* An appropriate degree (membership of IEMA preferred).
* A successful track record of EIA co-ordination / project management (including budget control).
* Experience in providing technical input into environmental projects or environmental aspects of larger projects.
* A thorough understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes, environmental assessment methods and case law.
* Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills. * Excellent client liaison skills.
* The ability to work as part of a team, supervise / support more junior members of staff and deliver integrated services.
* A full UK driving licence.
* A specific technical specialism (for example air quality, noise and vibration, ecology, flood risk) would be an advantage, but not mandatory.
about 1 month ago
only 12 days until close