Who We Are: Cognizant is a global leader in business and technology services, helping our clients bring the future of work to life-today. Thriving in this digital era of promise and uncertainty means increasing the velocity of innovation, experimentation and collaboration. The main engine for this is not some magical technology - it's talented people.
Which is why, our employees spread across over 50 delivery centres worldwide are on an exciting journey spending every day helping clients re-think, re-invent and re-wire their business to apply the new SMAC (social, mobile, analytics and cloud) business technology architecture to their most significant challenges and opportunities, so they can run different and run better.
Purpose of the Role: We are looking for a very experienced Program Director who can lead, deliver and grow major IT or business change programs within the Insurance sector. The role will provide senior program management expertise to successfully deliver assignments, maximise and manage both sales and client operating efficiency, and build on the continued development of the Insurance business unit.
Cognizant has helped companies drive business transformation by providing industry-leading program management consulting services, methods and tools. We've delivered some of the largest, highest profile and most effective transformation programs in corporate history. Our offerings include Enterprise Portfolio Management, Business Transformation, Complex Program Delivery and Program Rescue.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of major IT or Business Change programs for our Insurance sector client
- Lead consulting engagements for program assessment and assurance
- Maximise utilisation on complex, large and high risk assignments
- Manage Escalations and provide resolutions
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place for successful and quality deliverables, cost management and optimisation
- Solution Design
Involvement in Business Development:
- Support development of proposals to position, sell & close new business opportunities as well as transformational deals
- Help, identify and drive opportunities within client engagements to increase revenue footprint
- Operate as trusted advisor to key client stakeholders
Contribution to Practice Development:
- Lead the management of practice activities such as proposition building or solution development, community and managing communications
- Coach and mentor members of the team
- Operate as subject matter expert for specific solutions, framework, line of business, etc.
Required Skills and Experience include:
- Deep and profound experience of delivering large scale complex and transformational IT or business change programs in the Insurance industry, preferably within the General Insurance and /or London Markets/Lloyds, Brokers and ReInsurance areas
- Subject matter expertise in Insurance and acknowledged as someone who is an authority in specialist insurance knowledge
- Prior experience of working for a leading business and/or technology consultancy
- Prior experience of working in a target-driven sales/business development capacity
- Prior experience of managing and developing teams
- Understanding of P&L management
- Experience in Agile Project Management methodologies
- Experience of leading through change and transformation
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders with strong relationship building, networking and negotiating skills
- Managing a team of Project Managers and resources in matrix environment
- Highly experienced in actively managing large scale client relationships from a strategic level to deliver positive outcomes
- Motivated to achieve outcomes and excited by opportunity to lead change and transformation
- Highly adaptable in dynamic environments
- Constantly exceeds expectations
- Facilitates senior stakeholder meetings
- Delivers concise and effective communications with authority
- Inspires trust and confidence
About Cognizant : Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow