8 months ago
Job Title: Project Compliance Officer
Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £27,000 - £40,500 plus car/car allowance
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
You’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of agreed Safe Management of Work compliance programmes across Capital Works Construction projects within the SHE Transmission business of SSE Networks. This role will see you providing the necessary assurance regarding the level of compliance with project, business and statutory SHE provisions particularly the duties imposed under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulation 2015 (CDM).
Working in close partnership with the Capital Works CDM nominated duty-holders, you’ll check compliance during project development and on-site during the construction phase of projects. These critical activities will ensure that arrangements for the control of significant SHE risk are considered through the design and implemented in the construction phase of projects with appropriate levels of information available in the Health and Safety File ready for handover to the Client on completion of the project.
* Work with Development and Delivery Project Teams and CDM nominated Duty Holders to drive and influence Safe Management of Work expectations from project conception.
* Assist Lead Engineers in ensuring Design Risk Management processes are implemented and confirming key decision-making is being recorded.
* Ensure the internal Engineering team, Designers and Contractors implement an effective and integrated hazard management process which provides information on significant hazards throughout the lifetime of the project to ensure adequate communication and understanding to all those who require the information.
* Observe and check that Contractors are doing what they said they will do as defined in their written project arrangements to ensure safe outcomes.
* Advise on compliance programmes and attend site including any regular progress meetings as agreed throughout the project.
* Use standard compliance tools and protocols with relevant aims and objectives to conduct checks.
* Conduct site compliance checks to seek evidence of the agreed inspection/compliance plans
* Where identified, significant SHE risks must be escalated immediately to the appropriate level to ensure safety on site.
* Identify compliance breaches and record the management of breaches.
* Set actions to ensure the Principal Contractor updates the relevant compliance section of the Construction Phase Plan and relevant information is being provided for the Health and Safety File.
Your Skills and Experience
To perform this role, we would be looking for you to have:
* Knowledge of project safety, health, environment, quality and commercial management system in the electrical transmission and distribution industry.
* Knowledge of SSE Networks Large Capital Projects (LCP) Governance systems and procedures.
* Experience of CDM interface management on large projects.
* Qualification in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
* Knowledge and experience of operational activities (overhead, underground and substation) on transmission/distribution networks
* Undergraduate qualification in; or demonstrated experience in undertaking compliance checks.
* Experience in project management, having a demonstrable track record on the delivery of projects on time and to quality.
* Valid Driver’s Licence.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
* Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
* Great share plans
* Group Pension Plan
* One day paid volunteering
* Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th September
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.