28 days ago
Job Title: Project Development Manager (Commercial)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £36,500 – £55,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
Reporting into the Lead Project Development Manager of our SSE Enterprise Utility Solutions business, you’ll lead bid and development teams to secure long term concession agreements to own and operate heat and cooling networks across the UK.
You’ll be the main client interface leading contract negotiations to contract close and manage supporting teams to ensure that bids are delivered on time and all positions taken during negotiation are signed off by the business.
Your role will also include responsibility for achieving internal approvals in line with SSE and business governance processes and delivering a sales target of completed contracts per year.
- Directing responsibility for ensuring major or complex bids successfully transition from initial bid to con-tract signature stage.
- Ensuring that technical and commercial solutions (including alternative ownership structures) best reflect the client’s requirements
- Managing the client relationship throughout the process ensuring that client’s requirements and drivers are reflected in SSE’s bids.
- Managing the outputs of supporting roles to provide high quality bids and approved negotiating positions.
- Driving a lessons learned culture across bids
- Ensuring clear briefing for senior managers within Enterprise Utilities and ongoing “sponsorship” at that level for projects under the individual’s control
- Managing internal bid governance processes to ensure bid and contract signature take place within client agreed programme
- Working closely with the operations and delivery teams to ensure projects can be effectively procured, de-livered and operated
Your Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in securing business in this sector
- Proven experience in managing large complex bids with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of EU and UK policy frameworks as they apply to energy, carbon and construction
- Solid commercial acumen to identify commercial opportunity (and risk) associated
- Persuasive relationship builder – respected both internally and externally
- Broad understanding of engineering systems and performance of assets in a heat network and energy centre
- Understanding of a range of commercial structures as they apply to distributed energy
- Understanding of financing opportunities for schemes in the sector (specialist internal resource will be available to support any third - party finance solutions)
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Utilities deliver multi-utility infrastructure and distributed energy networks for large scale developments across the UK, offering market leading solutions for our customers’ electricity, gas, water and heat needs. We can bring significant investment, providing a range of funding and asset management options for utility infrastructure projects.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 18th May, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.