Project Director - Offshore Wind
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Scotland - Offshore
Consultant: Matt Churchward
Our client is one of the world's biggest wind energy developers. Their UK offshore operations are growing rapidly and they are looking for an exceptional candidate to fill this crucial position.
Lead and manage all aspects of the offshore construction works required for wind farm projects. Provide technical support both in the development and contracting phases, compliance with regulations and close collaboration on consent application, bidding, construction and operation of the offshore wind farms; assure the decision-making process and responsibility for leadership, supervision, coordination and execution of the offshore wind farms, as well as for the achievement of the schedule, budget, safety and quality objectives to carry out the Company's Strategic Plan.
- Manage and supervise construction to decommissioning offshore from start to finish, including fabrication, transportation, installation and commissioning, ensuring projects are delivered safely, on schedule and within budget without compromising quality or environmental standards.
- Produce and maintain the project construction plan
- Prepare all the specifications and technical and bidding documentation to the Technical and Commercial Managers. Evaluation of suppliers including verification that all Permitting and Environmental requirements are met
- Liaise with Technical, Consenting & Environment, Stakeholders, Procurement, H&S, Project Control, etc to deliver industry leading projects
- Support business initiatives and M&A, managing technical due diligence
- Promote Project Management , Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental good practice and actively manage safety throughout the term of project
- Engage with and develop supply chain. Recommend, plan and implement procurement strategy
- Manage the construction team
- Construction projects >£100m
- Degree in Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Offshore-Chartered
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in one of the following:
- Offshore wind (preferred)
- Oil and Gas Construction
- Directly applicable large Scale Construction Management.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role or for a discreet conversation please contact:
See below for details.