Job: Property Surveyor - Wind
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £40,000 + car allowance + 15% Bonus + Pension
Consultant: Patrick White
The Green Recruitment Company’s client is the UK subsidiary of a flourishing onshore/offshore European wind energy developer with almost 20 years of international success. We are working closely with them to source and appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Property Surveyor to join their rapidly expanding wind energy development team based in Edinburgh.
The successful applicant will be the primary resource for all property concerns within the development team. They must secure all of the legal land rights required for projects at various stages of development. Responsibilities will extend across main site land option and lease agreements as well as all other property matters related to additional third party land required for projects.
- Play a key role within the land team and provide a key resource to the project development teams, assuming a lead role in the satisfactory negotiation/completion of all land associated matters.
- Overseeing a mixture of third party lawyers acting on behalf of the business and provide direction accordingly.
- Attend regular project meetings and facilitate a key client interface.
- Monitor closely the work and progression of all land activities required as part of the land acquisition process throughout the business.
- Reporting monthly to the UK and parent company business the individual will be required to provide regularly updates and commentary on progress of the property department.
- Provide regularly budgetary assistance to the finance team and accurately keep track of internal and external property costs.
- Remain fully abreast of topical issues within the industry and with this knowledge ensure all property templates remain up to date and accurate reflecting on-going industry change.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience-
- Degree qualification in a discipline relevant to the role eg. Land Economics or Estate Management
- MRICS qualified with 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Background within property including an understanding of commercial property option and lease agreements, heads of terms documents etc.
- In particular the ability to grasp and understand the principle issues of importance in respect of developing a wind farm project and the associated land issues.
- An ability to navigate around legal documentation is vital.
- Previous land acquisition experience within the Renewable Energy Industry would be advantageous but not essential
In return, you will join a dynamic, rapidly growing and entrepreneurial organisation with an ever growing development pipeline within the onshore wind farm sector.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: