18 days ago
Job Title: Renewable Engineer – Electrical
Location: Foyers Power Station
Salary: £38, 265 - £50,539 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent /Full Time Hours
You will be responsible for planning the optimisation and delivery of works on Renewable Operations plant focused on the electrical assets. You will work as part of project teams and will manage the deliverables associated with planning, organising, specifying, coordinating and controlling the cost effective and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical Renewable Wholesale plant within the scope of a project. With flexibility to work at all Wholesale business sites as required you will work in accordance with Company standards and procedures, ensuring plant income is maximised and risks assessed.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be educated to a minimum of HNC in Electrical engineering and have previous experience of working on similar assets across the group. You will also require the following:
* Supervisor/Management experience of staff and contractors including setting to work
* Proven knowledge and experience of the diverse range of electrical power Generation assets
* Knowledge of assessing risk in all forms applied to design and delivery of optimised technical solutions and safe work methods
* Hold an operational authorisation to enable site works delivery and have a clear plan to develop your competence
* Knowledge of code requirements, plant inspection and certification; health and safety requirements and environmental considerations;
* Wide ranging experience of specifying electrical plant and equipment and managing projects/contracts
* A proven track record in project delivery
You will be able to demonstrate ownership and ability to provide solutions
You will have excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. You will be able to take a logical and analytical approach to tasks and problem solving and able to communicate technical issues at multiple levels and to non technical staff members.
Renewable Operations operates and maintains sites across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 13th of March 2018
This vacancy is open to internal SSE Group employee. Please notify your line manager before you submit your application.