3 months ago
Job title: Safety, Health and Environmental Manager Location: Cambridgeshire (International Multi Site) Salary: Negotiable DOE Type: Perm Company description:The company are a world-class supplier of innovative product development engineering and technology consulting. The Safety, Health & Environment department delivers and promotes safe working practices across the company. We are responsible for supporting and advising our staff who work in a wide range of fields including medical technology, wireless communications, consumer, industrial, energy and defence. Ideal Candidate description:The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced Safety, Health and Environmental Manager that has worked across multiple sites, preferably international. They will have implemented strategy across office and laboratory environments with regards to SHE and been an effective member of a senior management team. As the job does cover implementation and maintenance of ISO14001 a strong understanding of ISO accreditations is paramount. The ideal candidate would need to be a self-starter and someone who is able to get things done quickly and efficiently whilst gaining the buy-in and respect of those people around you. Main Role:
As SHE Manager you will be expected to implement our Environmental systems and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant environmental regulations and maintaining our ISO 14001 registration. This covers, for example, our waste management systems, energy usage, COSHH compliance, and Legionella testing. The SHE Manager will be expected to take responsibility for SHE activities across all our buildings in Cambridge UK, for our Boston office in the US, and our offices in Singapore and India. It is a role where you will be expected to identify opportunities for improvement and where you will be expected to have an input into how additional demands placed on the SHE department can be incorporated efficiently. Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation, codes of practice and relevant standards.
- Investigating incidents, accidents and near misses and ensuring that any resulting corrective actions are implemented satisfactorily.
- Ensuring the maintenance of proper records.
- Ensuring that company equipment (project and infrastructure) is installed and operated correctly and safely.
- Collecting, analysing, and summarising regulatory and compliance data and trends. Using this information to help inform H&S plans
- Maintaining an audit trail of all H&S documents, making sure that our policies and procedures and up-to-date and being properly applied.
- Assisting in the documentation of contractual agreements with third party organisations where H&S are issues.
- Ensuring regular site inspections are carried out and problems are recorded and rectified.
- Advising Managers and colleagues of safe working practices.
- Ensuring that projects teams develop risk assessments and safe working procedures that are fit for purpose and are applied appropriately
- Advising on the types of training courses necessary for the maintenance of safe working practices. Identifying staff training requirements.
- Performing root cause analysis for incident/accident/near miss investigations.
- Producing risk assessments.
- Recording and investigating any accidents, incidents or near misses
- Managing SHE improvement initiatives, this includes preparing propositions, creating plans, securing resources, delivery and implementation into the business
- Carrying out site safety inductions.
- Ensuring COSHH compliance is maintained through carrying out COSHH risk assessments and helping maintain the list of chemical safety data sheets
- Taking an active role within the company's emergency controller team
- Ensuring that our environmental aspects and impacts and legal obligations are adequately covered
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards for our waste management systems and energy usage
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Diploma or equivalent
- Proven relevant Health & Safety experience
- People skills needed for this role include a sensitive helpful approach: effective communicator, able to work as part of a team and have a good telephone manner
- Computer literacy and keenness to learn new systems
- Able to deliver results and strive for continuous improvement
- Laboratory based / engineering background would be an advantage
- Eligibility for Security Clearance vetting would be desirable
The ONE Group - With offices in Northampton, Peterborough and Cambridge - our recruitment divisions include; Accountancy, Executive, HR, IT, Office, technical and Executive recruitment. The ONE Group are the largest independent recruitment businesses across, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire. Our recruitment experts provide specialist consultancy staffing services to some of the leading household brands across the Midlands and East of England. We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience.The foundation of our success comes from our high level of customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace. This is recruitment as it should be. For more information, call us or visit our website at *********************. .
13 days ago
only 15 days until close