Our clients are some of the UK and Europe’s leading renewable energy developers and operators. Our clients develop, build and operate offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries.
With the various clients looking for SAPs to join their new project, locations will in the UK and Europe.
The Senior Authority Person will be expected to:
• Fulfil the role as a Safety Controller/Coordinator under our client’s Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our client’s Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV