Senior Authorised Person - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 05-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Service Engineer 20 days ago
West Midlands, West Midlands (County), Birmingham
SERVICE ENGINEER £38-45K negotiable Our client is one of the leading providers of renewable energy boilers and heat systems in the country. With a reputation for the highest professional sta...
Technical Author 18 days ago
Salary band: Any
I am currently looking for 2 Technical authors for roles based in Cumbria.The contracts will be for an initial 6-12 months but likely to be extended further after that.The client has ongoing projec...
Technical Author 16 days ago
Salary band: Any
I am currently looking for a team of Technical Authors for roles based in Cumbria for a rapidly growing nuclear client. The contract will be for an initial 6-12 months contract but likely to extend...
Wind Turbine Service Technician 13 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
Are you looking to use your electrical and mechanical skills within the renewable energy sector? This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important servicing and maintenance role for a global lea...
Senior Industrial Energy Consultant 4 days ago
Salary band: Any
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company is currently working with a leading global environmental and energy consultancy. With over 1000 employees worldwide, they provide commercial and technical e...
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
With the various clients looking for SAPs to join their new project, locations will in the UK and Europe.
The Senior Authority Person will be expected to:
• Fulfil the role as a Safety Controller/Coordinator under our client’s Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our client’s Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV