Senior Authorised Person - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 05-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Senior Authorised Person - YEDL/NEDL 27 days ago
North East, Yorkshire
My client is currently completing major HV switchgear projects across the Northern Powergrid, they are currently looking for 11kv or 33kv SAP's to join the company immediately on a contract or perm...
Personal Assistant 11 months ago
West Sussex, Brighton
Personal Assistant required for a leading Renewable Energy Company based in West Sussex. An organised Personal Assistant is required to support the directors, the sales team and office staff as wel...
SOLAR PV SALES PERSON 16 days ago
Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire
We are looking for sales people to add to our already existing sales force to concentrate on the domestic Solar PV market in the midlands area. We are looking for experienced Solar PV sales people...
Senior Sales Manager 3 months ago
Senior Sales Manager, San Francisco, USA $110k - $125k + Comprehensive commission plan Position Overview: My client is a fortune 1000 company and a leading global provider of solar-energy service...
With the various clients looking for SAPs to join their new project, locations will in the UK and Europe.
The Senior Authority Person will be expected to:
• Fulfil the role as a Safety Controller/Coordinator under our client’s Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our client’s Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV