Senior Authorised Person (SAP) - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 15-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Senior Risk Manager 5 days ago
Senior Risk Manager Location: Central London Salary: up to £60,000 (depending on experience) Job Type: Permanent Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: SRM5 The Client The Green Recruitment Company are cu...
Senior Asset Manager 5 days ago
Highly reputable renewable energy company require a Senior Asset Manager for their London office. Applicants require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the asset management or operation of rene...
Senior Energy Analyst 11 days ago
Senior Energy Analyst Salary: £24,000- £28,000 + Bonus + Excellent benefits package Job Type: Permanent Location: Central London Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: STA456 Our Client The Green Recruitment ...
Senior Energy Data Analyst 17 days ago
Senior Energy Data Analyst Salary: £35,000 + excellent benefits package Job Type: Permanent Location: Manchester Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: EDTM67 Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are cur...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Our client develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. Our extensive project pipeline includes wind farms totalling over 4GW. Projects are constructed on a multi-contract basis with our client taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects.
The role will be based from 2 sites, working both offshore and onshore during the installation & commissioning phase of the Offshore Wind Farm project. Working in a small team the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) will be responsible for managing and coordinating “Safety from the System” on the High Voltage 132/33Kv transmission and sub systems. The role will require close working relationships across internal departments and external suppliers. Other specialities could be Safety Controller/Coordinator, and High Voltage (HV) Safety Engineer.
• Fulfil the role under our clients Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our clients Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV