over 5 years ago
Our client is one of the UK’s leading renewable energy developers and operators, and is the UK subsidiary of a specialist renewable energy company.
Our client develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. Our extensive project pipeline includes wind farms totalling over 4GW. Projects are constructed on a multi-contract basis with our client taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects.
The role will be based from 2 sites, working both offshore and onshore during the installation & commissioning phase of the Offshore Wind Farm project. Working in a small team the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) will be responsible for managing and coordinating “Safety from the System” on the High Voltage 132/33Kv transmission and sub systems. The role will require close working relationships across internal departments and external suppliers. Other specialities could be Safety Controller/Coordinator, and High Voltage (HV) Safety Engineer.
• Fulfil the role under our clients Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our clients Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV