Senior Authorised Person (SAP) - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 15-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Sales Advisor - Solar PV 24 days ago
Salary band: £15k - £20k
We are currently looking for a Sales Advisor or Internal Sales Representative to join a well establish and award winning Solar Energy company to be based either within their Nottingham or Halifax o...
Technical Author 22 days ago
Salary band: Any
I am currently looking for 2 Technical authors for roles based in Cumbria.The contracts will be for an initial 6-12 months but likely to be extended further after that.The client has ongoing projec...
Technical Author 20 days ago
Salary band: Any
I am currently looking for a team of Technical Authors for roles based in Cumbria for a rapidly growing nuclear client. The contract will be for an initial 6-12 months contract but likely to extend...
Wind Turbine Service Technician 17 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
Are you looking to use your electrical and mechanical skills within the renewable energy sector? This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important servicing and maintenance role for a global lea...
Senior Industrial Energy Consultant 8 days ago
Salary band: Any
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company is currently working with a leading global environmental and energy consultancy. With over 1000 employees worldwide, they provide commercial and technical e...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Our client develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. Our extensive project pipeline includes wind farms totalling over 4GW. Projects are constructed on a multi-contract basis with our client taking an active involvement in all engineering aspects.
The role will be based from 2 sites, working both offshore and onshore during the installation & commissioning phase of the Offshore Wind Farm project. Working in a small team the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) will be responsible for managing and coordinating “Safety from the System” on the High Voltage 132/33Kv transmission and sub systems. The role will require close working relationships across internal departments and external suppliers. Other specialities could be Safety Controller/Coordinator, and High Voltage (HV) Safety Engineer.
• Fulfil the role under our clients Safety Rules. Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety From The System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
• Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the 132/33kV plant & apparatus, working alongside other Senior Authorised Persons (SAP’s) and cross boundary procedures with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Assess each job on a task by task basis. Identifying all necessary precautions. Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
• Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
• Manage and Coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with our clients Safety Rules. Ensuring known status at all times.
• Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work, when within individuals skill set.
• Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan.
• Report all near-misses and incidents via the company reporting system.
• Participate in 24/7 callout rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 132kV.
• Time served apprenticeship with a minimum of HNC qualification (or equivalent) in electrical engineering discipline.
• Significant experience working in a similar capacity.
• Familiarity with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007.
• Fluent written and verbal English.
• Working at Height & Rescue Training – Wind Turbines
• Offshore First Aid Course
• IOSH qualified
• Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility or Regional Electricity Company to 400kV