Senior Design Engineer (Primary) in Durham - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Environmental Helpdesk Manager 23 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Environmental Helpdesk Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28-35,000 DOE Location: London Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: HDM The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is wor...
Energy Analyst – Data Services 21 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Summary:Our client is an international energy solutions provider, who provide services for some of the most prestigious accounts on the market. Due to current success in the prospering energy m...
B2B Renewable Energy Executive 11 days ago
Scotland, Aberdeenshire, Dundee
HOTHOUSE ENERGY is a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. This is an excellent opportunity for a B2B professional to join an expanding company in this growth area....
IT Support Engineer 3 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer seeks a experienced IT Support Engineer for their Head Office in Central London. The purpose of this role is to provide IT support to all users in a...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
Our client has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer with excellent knowledge of Switchgear Products.
Detailed primary knowledge of MV/HV switchgear products is a requirement as well as electrical substation layout design.
1 MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
· To be part of a team of engineers providing effective technical solutions that meet customer and business requirements in accordance with customer specification and Company and International standards.
· To liaise with the Primary Team Leader to ensure tasks are completed to specification in accordance with company procedures.
· Provide support and technical assistance on all relevant products/solution associated with the Service Business.
· Generation of engineering solutions including where applicable, the creation of detailed primary engineering drawings, builds of material, test and assembly instructions, resolution of assembly and site queries and any other engineering documentation required to support the Business needs
2 POSITION IN ORGANISATION
· As a team member reporting to the Primary Team Leader.
· Liaises with other internal departments, group companies, clients and suppliers as and when required.
· Role to be Hebburn based but will require some site, supplier and customer visits, as and when required.
3 SCOPE OF JOB
· As a member of a team of primary engineers develop practical and innovative engineering solutions for the Services Division. This may include the generation of concept, detail, assembly, and production designs, supported by design calculations and analysis and/or test and assembly documentation, undertaking site and factory testing/investigations and attend technical discussions with the client and suppliers, both in the UK and overseas as and when required
· To work as part of a team to ensure timely and expert engineering solutions.
· Must be capable of working without regular supervision.
· Provide technical guidance to manufacturing, external suppliers and customers as required.
· To be conversant with all relevant international and customers standards.
4 DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
· Responsible for the creation of primary engineering solutions that meet the Business, International and customer standards.
· Responsible for own quality of work produced and checking of own outputs i.e. drawings, BOM, specifications, test documentations, and other supporting documentation.
· Responsible for highlighting any technical errors or concerns to immediate supervisor.
· Degree/HND in mechanical engineering.
· 6 years engineering experience including completion of a technical apprenticeship
· Detailed primary knowledge of MV/HV switchgear products is a requirement as well as electrical substation layout design.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all the necessary preparation and generation of engineering solutions using the tools available whilst ensuring that the solution meets the customers expectations, requirements, and are to relevant standards This may include engineering drawings, BOM, and other supporting documentation as and when required.
Liaise with various internal Business functions (as appropriate) to ensure that the correct engineering solutions are achieved. This may include on-site visit with suppliers and customers to discuss and resolve relevant issues in the best interests of the Business to ensure timely execution of the contract of work.
Assist internal business personnel on the preparation of equipment specifications and operational areas when required. Support the Procurement and Manufacturing areas in resolving issues relating to engineering matters.
Ensure the timely execution of activities in line with Business requirements. At all times to act and work in the best interests of the Business Unit, including working additional hours when requested to do so.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK