about 1 year ago
Senior EIA Consultant - Cardiff
The Exciting Opportunity:
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive, ambitious and conscientious Senior Environmental Consultant to join the Environmental Impact Assessment Team in our Cardiff office.
The successful candidate will be part of the wider UK Environmental Assessment team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public sector clients.
You will be required to work on a range of projects and bids and be flexible to work across the range of disciplines that currently form the Environmental Assessment team. You will be responsible for managing small/medium scale projects and bids, as well as working as part of wider project teams undertaking desk studies, delivering technical reports, undertaking site surveys and attending client meetings.
You will play a key role in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines.
You will be a proactive and driven individual who is seeking a new role and is willing to take on new tasks and challenges with limited supervision.
Our EIA team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Cardiff Office EIA Lead, you will provide EIA advice to clients, leading the preparation of a range of EIA deliverables including desk studies, screening requests, scoping reports, option/ feasibility studies, informal EIA assessments and Environmental Statements. You will also contribute to bid preparation and business development through building relationships within the Arcadis business as well as with existing and new clients. You will work closely with our existing EIA team to develop opportunities as well as work alongside colleagues of other disciplines and sectors of the business to enhance our EIA capability and reputation in the marketplace.
You will proactively manage selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications. You will also be responsible for managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of projects to ensure a successful result. You will liaise with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project.
- Managing selected projects or components of project, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications;
- Managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result;
- Liaising with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with the project;
- Establish strong relationships with environmental disciplines and engineers; and
- Ensuring EIA advice complies with regulation and best practice.
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree and Membership of IEMA, with Masters Degree in relevant Environmental discipline preferred;
- Practitioner IEMA Membership working towards Chartered status;
- Delivery focussed;
- Experience of co-ordinating and managing EIAs, including the preparation of Scoping Reports, option/feasibility studies and preparing assessment chapters;
- Project management experience, including commercial and risk aspects;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of EIA processes and relevant UK legislation is essential, as is a good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines;
- An understanding of project consent routes;
- Demonstrable client care skills in securing new work in addition to existing client retention;
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail;
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Team player with demonstrable previous experience in the management / coordination of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent motivation, influencing, people management, presentational and delegation skills;
- An understanding environmental law, consenting regimes and procedures is an advantage, as is an interest and / or experience in sustainable development issues;
- Travel Flexibility; and
- Full and valid driving licence.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate 2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: ***************.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
A waiting period applies to some benefits
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.