6 months ago
Senior Engineer - Environmental Vibration Shock Testing
I have an opportunity for a senior engineer, with experience in vibration shock testing, to work with one of our clients in the south east.
Our client provides product testing, certification, knowledge and training services to a range of industries (Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications). The successful candidate will be involved in efficiency improvements; via the management, manipulation and presentation of electronic test data.
Location: South East
The successful candidate will be:
- Conducting mechanical testing on a variety of equipment.
- Providing adhoc support to the Commercial function to develop technical solutions, attending client visits and conducting technical product/test reviews where required.
- Providing technical support and guidance to other mechanical engineers.
- Conducting Commercial and Technical Validations, considering equipment capabilities and limits, including review of test fixture suitability.
- Once trained; vetting, signing and delivery of technical reports compiled by operational cells.
- Support CI/LEAN activities and development projects as required.
- Do you have a Degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering field?
- Do you have Specialist knowledge in mechanical engineering and in particular vibration and shock testing in a test house environment.
- In particular experience of water cooled shaker testing (including high and low temperature work).
- With knowledge of vibration and SRS theory, instrumentation, measurement and vibration control standards knowledge fixture design review.
- Willingness and ability to participate in shift work rota, involving 6:00am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm cover as needed. Standard hours when not on shift will be circa 8:30am - 5:00pm.
If you are interested then please apply asap.
Kelly Services UK Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy