Senior Environmental Consultant - Green Recruitment Company
This job expired on 29-10-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Sales Consultant 24 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Sales Consultant South of the Thames £ Competitive + Benefits! A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our client who are a leading company specialising in water treatment products and services...
Connections Project Manager (Energy) 23 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company is excited to be working with an energy company offering consultancy within the industries of energy procurement, new connections and sustainable technolog...
Heating Engineer (Heat Pumps) 22 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Great opportunity to join a fast-growing renewable energy installer who design supply and install air, ground and water source heat pumps.Based in Kidderminster you will be part of an installation ...
Solar PV Design Engineer 22 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
A motivated and confident PV Design Engineer is required for a well established renewable energy company based in Middlesex (Surrey). This ever growing company installs and distributes a wide range...
Health, Safety And Security Advisor 20 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor looking for a new opportunity as a Health and Safety Advisor for wind farm projects on a permanent basis.Position: Health, Safety And Security AdvisorLocation: C...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Salary Details:||£30,000 to £50,000|
|Company:||Green Recruitment Company|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs|
Senior Environmental Consultant
Salary- £30,000-50,000 depending on experience
Location: South Wales
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
Our client, an international mining company are seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their growing team.
The work involved in undertaking this role may include the following activities, as well as other responsibilities as required:
- Provision of specialist environmental and/or social services relating to environmental and social impact assessments and project permitting processes, due diligence studies, audits and mine closure planning.
- Managing and preparing Environmental and Social Impact Assessments in accordance with internationals standards.
- Coordinating fieldwork inspections for data collection.
- Data review and interpretation.
- Reporting and presentation of results.
- Environmental and/or social input to scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for mining projects.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to other staff.
Essential requirements of the role include:
- Degree or equivalent in a natural resource or social related science or engineering subject, ideally with a higher degree in an environmental discipline.
- Experience of working outside of the UK, with knowledge of the natural resource industry, oil & gas, quarrying, or water being considered favourable (mining experience is considered highly beneficial).
- Knowledge of international environmental and/ or social standards (Equator Principles, Performance Standards, EHS Guidelines, ICCM guidelines).
- Understanding of mining concepts and activities, and their likely impact on the bio-physical and social environment.
- Evidence of exposure to different environmental disciplines including air, water, geochemistry, noise, biodiversity/ ecology, social and cultural issues.
- Experience of contributing to impact assessments and project development studies, ideally for international (non-UK) projects.
- Excellent communication, technical report writing and presentation skills requiring strong English language sills (verbal and written).
- Proved business development skills (proposal writing), together with a high level of numeracy.
- Essential project management skills
- French language capabilities would be ideal - verbal and written.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in applying specialist environmental and project management software
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas. International travel will form a large part of the role.
In return, our client will offer a competitive salary package, including performance based bonus, group personal pension scheme, employee share participation as well as optional private medical and health screening schemes.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: