Senior Environmental Consultant - Green Recruitment Company
This job expired on 29-10-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Steam Engineer – Steam Systems 3 days ago
Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Steam Engineer for a leading Energy from Waste company. This is a new and unique role in the business and is presently being performed by externa...
Quantity Surveyor (Pre-contract) – Biogas 3 days ago
Bristol, Cardiff, Bournemouth
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for a Principal Contractor that specialises in the design and construction of AD (Anaerobic Digestion) facilities. T...
Field Service Engineer - Solar PV 27 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Field Service Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: Competitive Location: South East Consultant: Liam Pryle Ref: LFP08 The Organisation: Our client is an international inverter solar m...
PV Design Engineer 3 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
PV Design Engineer. UK, Kent. My client is a leading solar energy EPC who specialize in commercial rooftop projects, an area in which they have had a lot of success. They are known in the i...
Photovoltaic (PV) Design and Projects Engineer Solar Design Engineer/Director (MW Solar Projects) – Renewables 2 days ago
East Midlands, West Midlands, Scotland
Company Brief: &nb...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Salary Details:||£30,000 to £50,000|
|Company:||Green Recruitment Company|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs|
Senior Environmental Consultant
Salary- £30,000-50,000 depending on experience
Location: South Wales
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
Our client, an international mining company are seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their growing team.
The work involved in undertaking this role may include the following activities, as well as other responsibilities as required:
- Provision of specialist environmental and/or social services relating to environmental and social impact assessments and project permitting processes, due diligence studies, audits and mine closure planning.
- Managing and preparing Environmental and Social Impact Assessments in accordance with internationals standards.
- Coordinating fieldwork inspections for data collection.
- Data review and interpretation.
- Reporting and presentation of results.
- Environmental and/or social input to scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for mining projects.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to other staff.
Essential requirements of the role include:
- Degree or equivalent in a natural resource or social related science or engineering subject, ideally with a higher degree in an environmental discipline.
- Experience of working outside of the UK, with knowledge of the natural resource industry, oil & gas, quarrying, or water being considered favourable (mining experience is considered highly beneficial).
- Knowledge of international environmental and/ or social standards (Equator Principles, Performance Standards, EHS Guidelines, ICCM guidelines).
- Understanding of mining concepts and activities, and their likely impact on the bio-physical and social environment.
- Evidence of exposure to different environmental disciplines including air, water, geochemistry, noise, biodiversity/ ecology, social and cultural issues.
- Experience of contributing to impact assessments and project development studies, ideally for international (non-UK) projects.
- Excellent communication, technical report writing and presentation skills requiring strong English language sills (verbal and written).
- Proved business development skills (proposal writing), together with a high level of numeracy.
- Essential project management skills
- French language capabilities would be ideal - verbal and written.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in applying specialist environmental and project management software
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas. International travel will form a large part of the role.
In return, our client will offer a competitive salary package, including performance based bonus, group personal pension scheme, employee share participation as well as optional private medical and health screening schemes.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: