6 months ago
Senior Environmental Consultant / Environmental PlannerSEA/SAWarrington, Cardiff or Bristol
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you're an experienced environmental planning specialist and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced environmental or planning consultant to join one of our environmental planning teams and to work with our established SEA/SA, EIA and planning specialists.
We are seeking to locate a practical environmental or planning consultant with proven SEA/SA and socio-economic assessment skills who can help deliver SEA/SAs throughout the UK as well as contributing socio-economic assessments to EIAs and other project-level assessments. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Our Environmental Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such projects and have been working closely with a wide range of local planning authorities, the Marine Management Organisation, Government Departments, the Environment Agency, transport authorities and utilities companies to help them deliver sustainable strategic plans and programmes.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to a Technical Director in the Environmental Planning team, your time would be split ~50:50 on SEA/SA projects and other environmental assessment or planning projects. You will be accountable for: the preparation of appraisal reports; coordination of small project teams; liaison with clients and provision of specialist advice; all stages of appraisal from screening, evidence gathering, scoping, assessment, mitigation, monitoring frameworks and formal reporting; assisting with and driving marketing and bidding activities and helping to develop more junior staff.
You will gain experience, be involved with a wide range of technical aspects and will have opportunities to work in the wider environmental planning business.
* Technical delivery of technical assessments and reports
* Coordination and management of projects
* Client management, provision of advice and liaison
* Interface and co-ordinate work with the wider Environmental Planning team
* Establish new and continue existing positive relationships with clients and colleagues
* Ensuring outputs meet regulatory and good practice guidelines
* Assist in the development, promotion and implementation of technical guidance
* Help to develop marketing and bidding strategies
* Work on wider environmental planning and management projects as appropriate
What You have to Offer:
* Minimum four year's experience including significant experience working in SEA/SA
* Have a thorough understanding of UK SEA/SA practices and procedures
* Have a thorough understanding of UK plan-making procedures
* Wider experience in environmental assessment (eg EIA) or planning
* Skills in Health Impact Assessment and/or Equalities Impact Assessment and/or socio-economic assessment would be desirable
* Have excellent communication and writing skills
* Be a good speaker and engender confidence with clients
* Be well organised, thorough and have a good eye for detail
* Be a team player and be willing to help develop junior colleagues and learn from others
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate 3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Pension matched to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.