3 months ago
Senior Landscape Planner (BRI0000C9)
: United Kingdom-Bristol-Bristol
: Landscape Architecture
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees and their dependants: with no shareholders or external investors determine our own business priorities and direction.
We are growing our team and to build on the existing landscape design and planning capabilities to seed a centre of excellence for landscape planning in our west region.
Your role will also involve:
* working within budgets, resourcing and workload management on small and medium projects involving the familiarisation and use of Arup’s internal management systems;
* managing and mentoring junior team members;
* being the primary contact for projects and developing this area of the business;
* working within a team and representing landscape issues within a multi-disciplinary environment; travel requirements across both the South West and Welsh markets; and
* working closely with Arup staff across landscape, urban design, planning and other disciplines throughout the UK to deliver high quality outputs for clients.
Requirements and Skills
The individual is expected to manage the delivery of a range of landscape planning project commissions to internal and external clients within a wide range of projects including small and large renewable energy schemes, residential developments and nationally significant infrastructure projects. They should have a good grounding in most aspects of the landscape profession and have a degree and a post graduate diploma or MA in Landscape Architecture. They must be competent at delivering project work on time and within budget and be comfortable in presenting landscape issues and proposals within a project team and to a range of clients. They must demonstrate proven delivery of high quality outputs and outcomes. Embedding employers requirements and meeting Industry best practice standards. They must demonstrate a knowledge and awareness of CDM H&S for designers.
You will demonstrate experience and expertise in:
· scoping and authoring of LVIAs as feasibility appraisals and ES chapters;
· Landscape, Townscape and Seascape Character, and Visual effects assessments;
· preparing and managing the production of graphics and accurate visualisations,
· designing mitigation and enhancement schemes; and
· in preparing fee proposals and methodologies.
You will have an interest in and may be experienced in:
· generating social value and usefulness through landscape architecture;
· providing expert witness services;
· public and stakeholder consultation; and
· Green infrastructure and strategic design.
The role will also involve:
• working within budgets, resourcing and workload management on small and medium projects involving the familiarisation and use of Arup’s internal management systems;
• managing and mentoring junior team members;
• being the primary contact for projects and developing this area of the business;
• working within a team and representing landscape issues within a multi-disciplinary environment;
• travel requirements across Northern Ireland, West of England, Southern England and London; and
• working closely with Arup staff across landscape, urban design, planning and other disciplines throughout the UK to deliver integrated high quality outputs for clients.
You will be someone who enjoys working in a team and confident in presenting and resolving complex assessment issues. You should be able to demonstrate excellent written English and graphic skills and have a sound knowledge of key software programmes including Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. You would ideally also have Skills in using GIS (ArcGIS). Some knowledge of 3d modelling software would also be advantageous.
You will be capable of promoting the practice, look for cross selling opportunities and contribute to building the team’s network of contacts. Accordingly the successful candidate will play a role in business development, client relationship building and bid preparation. You will have sufficient experience to comfortably work in a multidisciplinary environment and team members and take a lead on allocated project work. You will be expected to work from the Cardiff and Bristol offices and travel to sites via public transport and by hire car requiring a driving license.
Closing date for applications - 11th January