5 months ago
Senior/Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
- As a result of continued growth of our client and expansion of the Cambridgeshire Geotechnical business, they are looking to recruit an ambitious, highly motivated and experienced geoenvironmental professional to join their established team.
- You will have 10-15 years' experience in geoenvironmental consultancy and ideally be chartered through a relevant institution or working towards and able to achieve within 1 year.
- The successful candidate will be a key member of the team providing geoenvironmental advice, assessment and consultancy both within our company and to external clients in the public and private sectors. You will provide a lead role on geoenvironmental work in the Cambridgeshire Office as well as working as part of the wider geotechnical business nationally.
- They are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
-Chartered membership of a recognised body and 10-15 years' post-graduate experience.
-Significant experience in contaminated land risk assessment and remediation.
-Wide ranging consultancy experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
-Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the application of UK legislation and standards relating to this sector.
-Working Knowledge of geotechnical engineering and earthworks.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
-A full, clean UK driving licence.
- The following would also be advantageous but not essential as overall experience, skills, drive and enthusiasm are more important.
-A master's degree in contaminated land, environmental management, or equivalent.
-An established client network and business development experience.
-Specialist in Land Contamination (SILC) or working towards registration.
-Materials management experience.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
-Detailed quantitative and qualitative risk assessments of contaminated land for public and private sectors.
-Due Diligence assessments.
-Remediation design and validation.
-Management of team workload and staff utilisation.
-Liaising with other disciplines within the business to deliver an effective and efficient service.
-Outwardly focused, with good client care and experience of managing proposals.
- Our client is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. They provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operated by their clients. They provide significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people who work for us are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Members.
- The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of geo-environmental and geotechnical projects from single discipline due diligence, land quality and ground engineering work through to large multi-disciplinary land development schemes as part of planning, site acquisition and construction.
- The Geo Team in Cambridgeshire are currently working on a number of high profile schemes such as airports, football stadiums and large activity parks