Senior Process Permitting Consultant Waste&Minerals - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Senior Geotechnical Engineer 28 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is pleased to represent one of the top engineering consultancies, serving public agencies and the private sector around the world. The consultancy i...
Offshore Processing Geophysicist 18 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Re; Processing Geophysicist - £60k - United Kingdom Up to £60k (Off Shore)5 Weeks On - 5 Weeks Off Offshore/Onboard Processing Geophysicist responsible for processing, quality control and assurance...
132KV Senior Authorised Person 18 days ago
Salary band: £100k +
Senior Authorized Person (400 kV)Job Description:- Implement the high voltage safety rules- Outage management and network control- Carry out high voltage switching and isolations- Carry out earthin...
Solar Water Pumps, Head of Sales 5 days ago
Salary band: £100k +
Head of Sales, Cape Town, South Africa (Water Pumps) My client is a global leader of solar energy solutions who are looking for a Director of Sales to add to their team in Cape Town, So...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Consulting|Environmental|Facilities & Property|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Waste to Energy Jobs|
Senior PPC / Permitting Consultant (Minerals and Waste)
£negotiable according to experience
A technical Waste Management consultancy offering services to the private and public sectors for decades are currently seeking a Senior Consultant within their process permitting team. Specialist areas include waste recovery, segregation, treatment, composting, incineration, landfill and other technologies, so any prior experience in applying for permits in these areas will be advantageous.
- Provide technical support to the Environmental Planning Department for Environmental Permitting, pollution prevention and control (PPC), environmental audits and legislation
- Assess risk associated with sites for pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- Collate information for exemptions from Environmental Permitting.
- Attend site inspections, walkover surveys and environmental monitoring
- Project management, controlling the quality, progress and costs of projects
- Invoicing and chasing payments where required
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities
- Attend industry events as required
- Prepare contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work
Skills and experience
- Educated to at least degree level, ideally BSc qualification in a relevant subject area such as
environmental management, waste management, town planning or similar
- Previous consultancy experience (it is essential that you are currently at senior level, or ready to move up to this level)
- Operations experience in minerals and waste management facilities is essential
- Knowledge and experience of preparing hazardous waste exemption permits is essential
- In depth knowledge of landfill is essential
- Experience in project management, budgeting & financial control is essential.
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- High standards of written work
- Driving licence
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH125REJ. Please include a cover letter that confirms you have all the
required skills and experience.