Senior Process Permitting Consultant Waste&Minerals - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Project Engineer – Energy from Waste 3 days ago
Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Project Engineer for a global market leader in Energy from Waste and related consultancy services, working for both private and public sector clients. The ...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 21 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
Water Analyst 14 days ago
Salary band: £15k - £20k
Job Title: Water Analyst Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up to £20,000 DOE Location: Lancashire Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: WA The Organisation: The Green Recruitment company are working alongs...
Procurement & Logistics Assistant - Solar 6 days ago
Salary band: Any
Viridium Associates are looking for a Procurement & Logistics Assistant to join one of our major clients. The project will be based in Jordan on a 10 month contract basis but extensions are lik...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Consulting | Environmental | Facilities & Property|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Waste to Energy Jobs|
Senior PPC / Permitting Consultant (Minerals and Waste)
£negotiable according to experience
A technical Waste Management consultancy offering services to the private and public sectors for decades are currently seeking a Senior Consultant within their process permitting team. Specialist areas include waste recovery, segregation, treatment, composting, incineration, landfill and other technologies, so any prior experience in applying for permits in these areas will be advantageous.
- Provide technical support to the Environmental Planning Department for Environmental Permitting, pollution prevention and control (PPC), environmental audits and legislation
- Assess risk associated with sites for pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- Collate information for exemptions from Environmental Permitting.
- Attend site inspections, walkover surveys and environmental monitoring
- Project management, controlling the quality, progress and costs of projects
- Invoicing and chasing payments where required
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities
- Attend industry events as required
- Prepare contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work
Skills and experience
- Educated to at least degree level, ideally BSc qualification in a relevant subject area such as
environmental management, waste management, town planning or similar
- Previous consultancy experience (it is essential that you are currently at senior level, or ready to move up to this level)
- Operations experience in minerals and waste management facilities is essential
- Knowledge and experience of preparing hazardous waste exemption permits is essential
- In depth knowledge of landfill is essential
- Experience in project management, budgeting & financial control is essential.
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- High standards of written work
- Driving licence
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH125REJ. Please include a cover letter that confirms you have all the
required skills and experience.