Senior Process Permitting Consultant Waste&Minerals - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
South West, Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Swindon
Role: Principal Thermal Process Engineer – Energy from Waste Location: South West, UK Salary up to £65,000 + package A world leading engineering, construction and project Management Company is curr...
Project Engineer – Energy from Waste 5 days ago
East Midlands, West Midlands, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham
Project Engineer – Energy from WasteLocation: Central England, UK Salary up to £65,000 Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Project Engineer for a global market leader in Energy from Waste and...
Wastewater Network Modeller 7 days ago
East Midlands, West Midlands, Scotland, South East, Birmingham
Role: Wastewater Network Modeller Location: Flexible positions available in South East, Midlands and Scotland Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 Green Recruitment Solutions are working with one of the world...
Process Engineer 5 days ago
North East, North West, South East, South West, Birmingham
Process Engineer – Energy from WasteFlexible UK locations £30,000 - £40,000 Green Recruitment Solutions are working with one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies who are seeking ...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Consulting | Environmental | Facilities & Property|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Waste to Energy Jobs|
Senior PPC / Permitting Consultant (Minerals and Waste)
£negotiable according to experience
A technical Waste Management consultancy offering services to the private and public sectors for decades are currently seeking a Senior Consultant within their process permitting team. Specialist areas include waste recovery, segregation, treatment, composting, incineration, landfill and other technologies, so any prior experience in applying for permits in these areas will be advantageous.
- Provide technical support to the Environmental Planning Department for Environmental Permitting, pollution prevention and control (PPC), environmental audits and legislation
- Assess risk associated with sites for pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- Collate information for exemptions from Environmental Permitting.
- Attend site inspections, walkover surveys and environmental monitoring
- Project management, controlling the quality, progress and costs of projects
- Invoicing and chasing payments where required
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities
- Attend industry events as required
- Prepare contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work
Skills and experience
- Educated to at least degree level, ideally BSc qualification in a relevant subject area such as
environmental management, waste management, town planning or similar
- Previous consultancy experience (it is essential that you are currently at senior level, or ready to move up to this level)
- Operations experience in minerals and waste management facilities is essential
- Knowledge and experience of preparing hazardous waste exemption permits is essential
- In depth knowledge of landfill is essential
- Experience in project management, budgeting & financial control is essential.
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- High standards of written work
- Driving licence
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH125REJ. Please include a cover letter that confirms you have all the
required skills and experience.