Senior Process Permitting Consultant Waste&Minerals - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Process Safety Engineer North East 28 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
I am currently working with a client in the North East who has requirements for a Process Safety Advisor on a permanent basis. Purpose of the role: To provide technical advice, guidance and special...
Senior Electrical Engineer 25 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Leading provider of professional technical services to the industrial, commercial, and government markets. Services include Energy, Oil & Gas consulting. They currently have a vacancy for a Sen...
Senior Wind Energy Due Diligence Project Manager 21 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Senior Wind Energy Due Diligence Project Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £45 : 55,000 Location: South East Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: DDPM:NG The Organisation: The Green Recru...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 15 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Consulting | Environmental | Facilities & Property|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Waste to Energy Jobs|
Senior PPC / Permitting Consultant (Minerals and Waste)
£negotiable according to experience
A technical Waste Management consultancy offering services to the private and public sectors for decades are currently seeking a Senior Consultant within their process permitting team. Specialist areas include waste recovery, segregation, treatment, composting, incineration, landfill and other technologies, so any prior experience in applying for permits in these areas will be advantageous.
- Provide technical support to the Environmental Planning Department for Environmental Permitting, pollution prevention and control (PPC), environmental audits and legislation
- Assess risk associated with sites for pre-acquisition due diligence and insurance
- Collate information for exemptions from Environmental Permitting.
- Attend site inspections, walkover surveys and environmental monitoring
- Project management, controlling the quality, progress and costs of projects
- Invoicing and chasing payments where required
- Liaise with clients and regulatory authorities
- Attend industry events as required
- Prepare contract documentation, budgets and programmes of work
Skills and experience
- Educated to at least degree level, ideally BSc qualification in a relevant subject area such as
environmental management, waste management, town planning or similar
- Previous consultancy experience (it is essential that you are currently at senior level, or ready to move up to this level)
- Operations experience in minerals and waste management facilities is essential
- Knowledge and experience of preparing hazardous waste exemption permits is essential
- In depth knowledge of landfill is essential
- Experience in project management, budgeting & financial control is essential.
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems would be an advantage
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- High standards of written work
- Driving licence
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH125REJ. Please include a cover letter that confirms you have all the
required skills and experience.