10 days ago
Senior Project Manager / Project Manager (SOL00003D)
: United Kingdom-West Midlands-Solihull
: Project Management
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Outside of London Arup has been involved in making a positive impact on the Midlands economy for over 50 years, with an outstanding portfolio of high profile projects across the region, as well as supporting a large number of national and international projects.
The Programme and Project Management (PPM) team comprises 40 staff predominantly based at the Arup Campus. The Campus comprises several Arup businesses numbering approximately 800 staff and covering a diverse range of skills and disciplines. The Campus is a purpose built design open plan office incorporating the latest in sustainable technologies and providing a lively and engaging work environment.
This is an opportunity for a project manager to join PMO assignments within our Programme and Project Management (PPM) team in Campus.
The role will provide an opportunity to:
* Help develop our PPM capability for Energy clients
* significantly enhance the post-holders own project management and technical skills
* Develop best-practice within the team
* Identify new project opportunities and areas of business activity for the team
* Responsible for project controls and reporting including initial development of PMO controls architecture
* Supporting senior PMs with winning a project, initiating the project, formation of project team to satisfactorily deliver and ensuring overall client satisfaction
* Likely to be responsible for a number of junior PMs and should be able to demonstrate ability to manage priorities across a variety of demanding client needs.
Assignments are mainly project management focussed where we support our Client from business case right through to implementation for large capital projects. A typical role would include developing and leading the Project Management Office (PMO) roles and processes in a client environment. This includes responsibility of team building, team working and leadership in the role.
The role holder will report to the Energy Sector leader within the PPM Midlands. He/she will be required to be integrate into project delivery teams and work closely with technical discipline leaders, other Arup teams and other consultants / contractors as required.
Requirements and skills
· Typically around 3+ years’ experience of working in a PMO team, ideally with experience in Energy projects (low carbon, renewables, thermal, nuclear etc.), utilities or heavy infrastructure / industrial projects
* A deep understanding of all PMO functions
* Planning and organising skills
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* Good communication skills
* Demonstrable ability to work in an integrated project team
* Logical decision making skills
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.