Senior Renewable Energy Consultant - PDS Recruitment
This job expired on 09-07-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Consultant – Energy from Waste 6 days ago
London, Luton, Reading
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Consultant to join a very well respected Engineering and Project Management Consultancy. The successful applicant will h...
Energy Account Manager 10 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Account Manager Industry Sector: Energy/Utilities Job Type: Permanent Salary: £25-30,000 DOE Location: Leicestershire Consultant: Aimee Mail Referenc...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 9 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
Head of EPC Construction, Solar 6 days ago
Salary band: Any
Head of EPC Construction, Solar $110k - $140k plus bonus & benefits A leading independent developer of utility scale ground-mounted Solar plants in the USA, with one of the largest project pip...
Energy Business Analyst 4 days ago
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Energy Business Analyst Industry Sector: Energy Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28-35,000 Location: London Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: EBA Sum...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||45,000 per annum|
|Sector:||Consulting | Engineering | Environmental|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Wind Energy Jobs|
A prestigious and world leading multi-disciplinary consultancy has a fantastic career opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant, to be based in their London Office.
They're looking for an established consultant with extensive experience in the winning and undertaking of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) (and/or associated consent, assessment and due diligence work) within the international arena, particularly within the energy sector.
The company has an extensive portfolio of energy clients and projects at the present time, particularly within the renewables sector and are managing the consent and environmental aspects of some of the world's largest and most significant onshore and offshore wind, and wave and tidal developments. We are expanding rapidly at the moment and are keen to grow increase our involvement and interests outside of the UK and the Netherlands.
As a global multi-disciplinary company, we already undertake several hundred million pounds worth of work internationally. In particular we have an excellent track record with the international finance sector and with key major developers. We would like someone to help us utilise this strength and presence, and to extend our skills and capabilities within the energy sector internationally as well.
The role will support the current focus on investments in 'assets' and our role as an independent global environmental and engineering consultancy. The successful applicant would be responsible for jointly growing the management and delivery of EIA and due diligence work in the UK and overseas.
The role would involve the following:
- Leading EIA/ESIA reviews and undertaking project management for large international EIA's or for the UK Energy sector (wind, wave, tidal, oil and gas and carbon capture storage).
- Management of projects and budgets.
- Business Development and commercial input to fee's and project risks.
- Assisting with the development of new products and service lines.
- Supporting more junior members of the team including providing Quality Assurance and Technical Reviews.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and dynamic, with excellent communication and client liaison ability. The following key skills are required:
- Proven experience and strong technical capability gained within a professional consultancy or export credit agency as well as a technical specialism in EIA.
- Proven experience in impact assessment including at least two of the following:
- International master planning;
- Social impact assessment or cost/benefit analysis;
- International environmental mitigation of projects;
- EIA lead for infranational investment (IFC, World Bank, ADB, etc); and International due diligence.
- Good knowledge of relevant UK and/or International requirements, i.e. IFC Performance Standards.
- Experience and understanding of Environmental Planning issues relevant to major energy development and infrastructure projects.
- Strong management, project management, time management and resourcing skills.
- A commercial and practical understanding of business and public inquiry experience.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic professional with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in EIA. The successful candidate will aspire to form part of and assist in the management of a successful and rapidly growing consultancy team working with our 60 national and international offices including New Orleans, Sydney, Singapore, Lagos, Johannesburg, Bahrain and Dubai.
The role would be based out of our London office with national and international travel required.
It will be desirable (but not essential) for the candidate to demonstrate a good network and knowledge of the energy sector. Potential opportunities to generate new work will be pursued through prior agreement with the Advice Group Director and Business Development Director. Key competencies in this role will include:
- Good analytical skills
- Solutions-oriented approach
- Technical expertise that will complement the existing team
- Effective personal planning and organising
- Being focussed on our customers' needs
- Sensitive to the company's needs
- Strong writing skills
- Be able to perform in a team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- BSc (essential) and MSc (desirable) in EIA or Environmental Economics with a focus on environmental sciences or geography. BA/Sociology degree if focussed on social impact assessment.
- Some experience in environmental consultancy (desirable)
- Some experience in project management and EIA (essential)
- Knowledge of the energy sector (desirable) and previous experience of working on energy projects
- Understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy (essential), particularly relating to the energy sector (desirable) and IFI's (essential).
- IEMA membership or chartered status (desirable)
- Financial management and administration experience (essential).
- Report-writing and presentational skills (essential).
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills (essential).
- Ability to work on own initiative and also to work as part of a growing team (essential).