about 1 year ago
The Wind Service Coordinator will be responsible for the resource planning and dispatching of the UK Wind Field Services Team, reporting directly to the Field Operations Leader, (FOM) for the UK.
Responsible for managing and optimizing resources and their allocation, including personnel, tools, parts, EHS and technical documentation, work planning and technical support, to ensure the efficient operations of required works. In addition will be responsible for the performance of labor resources specifically the quality, cost and efficiency.
Will also be responsible for the following:
* Resource planning and daily dispatching of labor to fulfil work orders
* Support approval of Field Technician’s time cards and service requests as required
* Represent FOM in their absence
* Use GE system to create work tasks, dispatches and debrief approval
* Team management and transfer of all operational tasks of the area including Environment Health and Safety (EHS) & quality in regard to audits and documentation needed in the service area
* Ensure all metrics are within acceptable limits
* Facilitate dispatch and availability of parts availability for operations and maintain inventory in service and storage centers, in parallel to the stores personnel
* Ensure external service providers & suppliers comply with training standard required for area
* Ensure the availability of tools for operations, including tools calibration, orders and returns. Assist Project Manager to coordinate crane hire and additional specialist or support staff for major operations
* Develop and implement measures to reduce cost and to increase productivity
* Assist with technical issues, escalation and follow up through engineering clarify cases
* Master Craftsman’s Diploma / Certified Engineer or professional education in electro-mechanical or electrical engineering sector preferred but not essential or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Technical experience in Wind Turbines Services preferred but not essential.
* Experience in planning and/or leading services works, major operations, or labour dispatching experience leading a team.
* Strong communication skills
* Familiar with MS-Office, Oracle applications, Oracle
* Structured method of working and analytical abilities
* Able to work under time constraints
* Able to travel
* Basic commercial knowledge
* Native speaker in English
* Driving License
* Demonstrate a Positive attitude to working in finding solutions concerns as they arise
* Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization
* Fluency in other European languages
* Engineering Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Able to work at heights
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston, Chelveston