9 months ago
Job Title: Shift Group Leader
Salary: £48,121 – £63,551 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours
You will lead, manage and develop the direct real time operational shift team in the areas of Safety, Operations, and Performance, within the Real Time desk environment. This will include:
* Taking the lead on emerging situations and escalate and action appropriately in accordance with the risk.
* Ensuring the delivery on key performance metrics and service targets for the Shift, Month and Annual requirements.
* Working with the wider field based operational teams to maintain an agile workforce that can be mobilised quickly to manage fluctuations in workload demand in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
* Working with other ROC support functions through the operational lead to ensure that there is seamless process control and positive outcomes as defined by organizational and functional objectives.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be educated to degree level in an engineering or science discipline, or have equivalent experience. Experience working in the power stations environment and/or HV networks is essential as is experience within Hydro, or industrial experience in operations.
Due to your experience you will have a knowledge of formal safety operations and be a proficient user of SCADA control system and Data Historian
The ability to understanding of weather forecasting, regional and local weather patterns and effects would be an advantage.
To ensure you can lead your team effectively you will have good communication and engagement skills and the ability to motivate people. You will be able to effectively manage and prioritise their own workload and that of others and identify problems, analyse and recommend and implement solutions.
Renewable Operations operates and maintains sites across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 27th of March 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.