Our client - a developer & investor - is one of the fastest growing firm in Europe within the renewable energy industry (Wind & Solar).
In a short span of time (3.5 years), the company acquired a capacity above 1GW in Western Europe.
Following numerous strategic wind farm acquisitions in Ireland, we are looking for a Site manager to handle the company's portfolio.
WIND FARM SITE MANAGER
The Site Manager is responsible for managing daily Operations and Maintenance activities while maintaining statutory, safety and quality environmental standards.
The Site Manager will be in charge of the day to day activities and will provide an on the ground interface with contractors, landowners, grid operator and other concerned parties.
The Site Manager will also feed into the annual budgeting and planning process for the wind farm.
The position is based Ireland and regular travel to CGNEE wind farms in Northern and Southern Ireland and to our Dublin office are envisaged.
- Manage the interface with the Control Center to ensure all site works are carried out under Site Rules and Wind Turbines Safety Rules.
- Carry out safety inductions, manage contractors, provide toolbox talks and manage on site risks.
- Ensure appropriately qualified visitors use the correct working practices and equipment.
- Ensure Emergency provisions are in place.
- Review, manage and update asset inspection, maintenance and repair plans.
- Supervise O&M and balance of plant maintenance and repair activities with contracted suppliers.
- Perform the role of site HV network manager (where competencies allow).
- Provide first line response to site significant defects and any emergencies in an expedient way.
- Carry out quarterly wind farm inspections of turbines, civil and site electrical systems.
- Attend monthly meeting with O&M contractor.
- Ensure that the Obligations of the Owner set out in the Habitat Management Plan are fulfilled adequately.
- Develop good working relationships with O&M contractors, landowners and local stakeholders.
- Oversee general legislative compliance and housekeeping of control building and site.
- Exercise prudence on expenses and ensure that it is as per agreed OPEX budget.
Knowledge and experience
- First experience of construction or operation of wind farm required.
- Interpreting detailed commercial documentation and express either verbally or in written form to the asset management team.
- Confident negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment.
- Communicating with a large range of audience typed, from small informal presentations to senior management.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Confident presenter
- Strategic planning
- Attention to detail
- No physical limitations that would impede ability to climb and inspect a wind turbine
- Conversant with computers and possesses working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and technical software.
- Engineer or Technician with relevant experience in O&M or in previous Wind Turbine supplier. Deep knowledge of direct drive wind turbine technology is a real plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in wind or renewable Project
- Must possess a valid driver's license.