Social Impact Consultant, Principal, French speaking - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 25-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principle Geotechnical Engineer 29 days ago
South West, UK
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Principle Geotechnical Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: DOENGW2 The Role The Green Recruitment Company is responsible for f...
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Senior Structural Design EngineerProgressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join one of our key clients based in Aberdeen. The successful candidat...
Principal Environmental Consultant 22 days ago
East Midlands, Derbyshire, Birmingham
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Principal Environmental ConsultantWe are looking for a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our client in their Birmingham offices, to work with their transport and planning team. The position w...
Project Engineer – Energy from Waste. 4 days ago
Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Project Engineer for a global market leader in Energy from Waste and related consultancy services, working for both private and public sector clients. The ...
|Salary band:||£60k - £70k|
|Salary Details:||£50-70,000 plus benefits|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Commercial | Business Development | Consulting | Engineering | Environmental | Other|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs|
Social Impact Consultant (French speaking) (Principal) – Mining specialism
South Wales + international travel
£50-70,000 plus great benefits
An independent consulting practice to the international mining industry is seeking a Principal Level Social Consultant to lead and carry out SIA and stakeholder liaison meetings on mining development projects throughout the world.
- Project manage social and other specialist environmental studies
- Manage the social and environmental aspects of mining project development studies
- Business development with new and existing customers
- Lead teams of consultant and senior level staff
- Stakeholder engagement
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- Corporate social responsibility due diligence
- Social liabilities evaluation
- Prepare socio-economic management, resettlement and community development plans
- Review SIA reports and social management plans
- Responsible for managing projects: information control, planning and programming of works, commercial and contractual control, procurement, ensuring progress meetings are undertaken, production of progress and financial reports, close liaison with the client and their representatives, safety and quality control
- Report writing
- Proposal preparation, identification of subcontractors, budget preparation and liaison with client representatives
Skills and Experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in a social discipline, preferably with a postgraduate degree in a social discipline
- Fluency in French preferred as much of the work will be in Africa
- International social project experience
- Experience of creating large SIAs (internationally ideally) and contributing to project development studies
- Knowledge of the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards, plus other international best practice
- Experience across various environmental disciplines including air, water, geochemistry, noise, biodiversity/ecology and awareness of how these relate to socio-economic situations
- Excellent project management experience
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills.
- Strong team leading experience
- Business development experience and ability, as this is a major part of this role
- Strong IT skills with MS office and other software packages
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel extensively on an international basis
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH161REJ. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec to show your interest in and suitability for this position.