Social Impact Consultant, Principal, French speaking - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 25-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Senior/Principle Industrial Energy Engineer 8 days ago
Salary band: Any
Our Client The Green Recruitment Company are currently working alongside an International Engineering Consultancy are currently looking for a Senior or Principle Industrial Energy Engineer to join ...
Salary band: Any
An immediate requirement for a Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer has arisen for a Waste to Energy project based in Glasgow. This will be a 12 month initial contract with good scope for extensi...
|Salary band:||£60k - £70k|
|Salary Details:||£50-70,000 plus benefits|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Commercial | Business Development | Consulting | Engineering | Environmental | Other|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs|
Social Impact Consultant (French speaking) (Principal) – Mining specialism
South Wales + international travel
£50-70,000 plus great benefits
An independent consulting practice to the international mining industry is seeking a Principal Level Social Consultant to lead and carry out SIA and stakeholder liaison meetings on mining development projects throughout the world.
- Project manage social and other specialist environmental studies
- Manage the social and environmental aspects of mining project development studies
- Business development with new and existing customers
- Lead teams of consultant and senior level staff
- Stakeholder engagement
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- Corporate social responsibility due diligence
- Social liabilities evaluation
- Prepare socio-economic management, resettlement and community development plans
- Review SIA reports and social management plans
- Responsible for managing projects: information control, planning and programming of works, commercial and contractual control, procurement, ensuring progress meetings are undertaken, production of progress and financial reports, close liaison with the client and their representatives, safety and quality control
- Report writing
- Proposal preparation, identification of subcontractors, budget preparation and liaison with client representatives
Skills and Experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in a social discipline, preferably with a postgraduate degree in a social discipline
- Fluency in French preferred as much of the work will be in Africa
- International social project experience
- Experience of creating large SIAs (internationally ideally) and contributing to project development studies
- Knowledge of the Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards, plus other international best practice
- Experience across various environmental disciplines including air, water, geochemistry, noise, biodiversity/ecology and awareness of how these relate to socio-economic situations
- Excellent project management experience
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills.
- Strong team leading experience
- Business development experience and ability, as this is a major part of this role
- Strong IT skills with MS office and other software packages
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel extensively on an international basis
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH161REJ. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec to show your interest in and suitability for this position.