4 months ago
HVDC System Engineer is responsible for programming, testing & commissioning of Automation & SCADA systems for HVDC markets for the Grid Solutions business. In depth hands on experience & knowledge of DS Agile system is an essential element of this role. The incumbent also provides strong support to GE PES team.
* Key technical person on project implementation for HVDC projects.
* Acts as system engineer for the projects, a technical leader and project manager partner.
* Analysis Technical Leader’s specifications, identification of the appropriate solution to build the system database.
* Understand designed systems and recommends changes when required.
* Assists technical leader in resolving any technical issues when necessary, to achieve delivery requirements.
* Support in detecting variation opportunities.
* Conducts Factory Acceptance Tests as System Engineer.
* Conducts Site Acceptance Tests as System Engineer.
* Support GA PES team when Series V or VI is interfaced with DS Agile system:
* Be able to:
* Adapt DS Agile configuration according to Series V or VI update when relevant.
* Conduct technical expertise with PES team,
* Support PES to guide technical decision,
* Reports any change request, fault report on DS Agile System,
* Distinguish either DS Agile or Series V or VI has to be updated and make it brainer.
* Seeks resolutions on hardware, software or performance related systems issues.
* Seeks resolutions of network communication issues at both hardware and software level.
* Mentor junior engineering and system integration staff.
* Abide by all GE Corporate and local policies and procedures including but not limited to Integrity, Diversity, Proprietary Information, Conflict of Interest, QMS and EHS.
* Work in a safe manner and ensure appropriate training is taken to do tasks safely.
* Report any accidents or injuries while on the job.
* Investigate accidents / incidents and implement actions to prevent a recurrence wherever possible.
* Oversee cubicle safety & good housekeeping practices of team members.
* When providing any direction to others, ensure that he/she has the skills, knowledge and ability to do the task effectively and safely.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum of a BSc. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with significant ' software and/or DCS implementation related experience or equivalent knowledge
* An Electronics Technology/Technician Diploma or equivalent from an ASET recognized institute with equivalent experience will be considered
* The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of SCADA, communication protocols and media.
* Proficiency in Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications
* Strong working knowledge of database applications
* HMI and programming skills are essential
* IEC61850 skills are an asset
* Network skills are essential
* CISCO programming skills is requested
* GE DS Agile DCS solution and aView HMI programming is a strong asset
* Skilled on HVDC system
* Should be eligible for P.Eng. registration
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Fluent in English
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and within complex environment.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* The ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment is essential.
* Well-developed organizational skills are required.
* Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
Competitive salary applies
Opening date 03/01/2019 - Closing date 31/01/2019
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford