Technical Discipline Leader - Process Engineering - Index Group
This job expired on 22-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Civil Discipline Engineer 24 days ago
City, Essex, Brighton
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Civil Discipline Engineer (wastewater infra/water non infra) - PeterboroughHuxley Engineering and one of the UK's leading names in Water Division are looking to recruit Civil Discipline Engineer on...
Lead Geoscientist Team Leader - London £145k+ 21 days ago
Salary band: £100k +
The Role: A wide-ranging technical role, involving hands-on work and responsibility for ensuring technical integrity or the geological analysis undertaken on the company's West Africa appraisal an...
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant : CHP/District Heating Job Type: Permanent Salary: £45,000 Location: Oxfordshire OR London Consultant: Tim Hall Reference: STC80 Company Information The Gr...
Seismic Processing Geophysicist 15 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
The Role: You will be involved in all aspects of pre-processing from reformat, denoise to attenuate swell noise and seismic interference. Survey reprocessing fast track products, complete flow from...
Lead Project Manager 9 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer requires a Lead Project Manager to join their Project Delivery team located in Central London. The Lead project Manager will report directly to the...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Location:||UK , East Midlands , London , West Midlands , North West|
|Sector:||Engineering | Environmental|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs|
The TDL for Process Engineering provides leadership for the entire technical discipline across the Europe-Africa region.
The discipline is responsible for all aspects of Process Engineering and Design. The discipline currently consists of approximastaff.
The TDL for Process Engineering reports directly to the Head of Engineering and is supported by a number of Regional Discipline Leads (RDLs) to help manage the geographical dispersion of resources across the Europe-Africa region.
The TDL is accountable for overall performance of the discipline, ensuring that adequate resources and skills are available to support the delivery of our projects and services and that the utilisation of resources achieves internal targets. The TDL will work alongside the discipline's Technical Specialists to ensure that the discipline has excellent technical skills supported with strong processes, procedures and design tools.
Some of the discipline resources are based in Pune, in India, and it is intended that these numbers will continue to grow. The TDL will be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to support that strategy.
Key Role Objectives
- To ensure the current and future technical capability of the discipline group.
- To maximise the utilisation of the discipline group and work with other Technical Discipline Leaders to maximise utilisation of all technical resources.
- To appoint manage technical specialists and regional discipline leads.
- To develop, maintain and continuously improve discipline processes, guides, tools and templates.
- To ensure the technical quality of our product through implementation of the technical governance processes.
- To support marketing and bid activities.
- To allocate appropriate resources to delivery teams to maximise value and production efficiency.
- To ensure the well being of staff associated with the technical discipline.
1. Take ownership of the technical development of the discipline, ensuring that relevant regional policy and work procedures are developed, implemented and adhered to.
2. Manage the overall utilisation of the discipline, meeting company targets.
3. Manage Regional Discipline Leads to manage resources in smaller geographic areas.
4. Manage Technical Specialists to provide expert service to projects and clients and to continuously develop the technical capability of the discipline.
5. In conjunction with Technical Specialists, Technical Directors and the Knowledge Communities ensure that the company are on top of all industry and client procedures to continue the brand in technical excellence.
6. Take accountability for the production and maintenance of discipline processes, standards, guides, tools and templates.
7. Take accountability for quality and product excellence within the discipline, working with SHEQual and Project Technical Leaders to ensure project outputs are achieved.
8. Support resource management at strategic level, ensuring that the company has appropriate skills to meet current and future needs. Work closely with Product Line Leaders, Head of Engineering and Resource Manager to manage discipline needs.
9. Take responsibility with regard to performance against agreed technical metrics, ensuring that a continuous improvement plan is in place and has been appropriately cascaded.
10. Hold relevant technical discipline meetings to focus on technical delivery and service.
11. Provide input into projects as a governance reviewer or as a team member where appropriate.
12. Support the production of marketing materials, bids, client presentations and other business development / pursuit stage activities.
13. Review the commercial performance of the discipline (alongside the performance manager) and incorporate findings into the Continuous Improvement Plan.
14. Develop a strong technical network across the region and globally to ensure effective use of global knowledge.
1. Strong leadership abilities, in particular the ability to inspire others to perform at their highest level. Demonstrated through track record of design team or discipline leadership.
2. A strong technical background and experience in the relevant technical discipline but not necessarily to expert level, although chartership to an appropriate professional body is a must.
3. A high degree of passion for driving technical excellence and maintaining the discipline as a high performer especially through delivery of design efficiencies.
4. A mature knowledge network within their discipline
5. Strong relationships built with technical counterparts in client organisations.
6. A proven track record in managing staff utilisation at discipline or business unit level.
7. An ability to develop and implement strategic business development and improvement plans at Business Unit or Discipline Group level.
8. Excellent communication skills at all levels, in particular with clients and the ability to collaborate to achieve multi-disciplinary outcomes.
9. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage across offices and regions.
10. Strong commercial acumen in ensuring a strong short and long term financial performance.
11. Ability to meet the travel requirements of the role, in particular travel around the UK, Europe, Africa and India
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion"