Technical Project Manager - Solar - Green Recruitment Company
This job expired on 11-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Electrical Design Engineer (Solar PV) 27 days ago
Solar Design Engineer Earth Wind & Hire are working with a leading developer and EPC within the large scale solar farm industry. They already have around 30 MW of installed solar and have a ve...
Hydrographic Survey Manager 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Hydrographic Survey Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £50,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: HSM:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are working wit...
Energy Procurement Consultant 15 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Energy Procurement Consultant Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £34,000 DOE Location: London Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: EPA01 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company a...
Marketing & PR Manager 3 days ago
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit a Marketing & PR Manager for a growing Green Energy company that specialises in the design and construction of AD (Anaerobic Digesti...
Environmental Technology Development Lead 2 days ago
London, South East, South West
Environmental Technology Development Lead £23k - £33k Ref npl-56267 Permanent Teddington, Middlesex Seeking a project manager to co-ordinate and deliver EU grant funded programmes...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£45000 - £55000 Per Annum plus strong bonus & pack|
|Experience:||Any or N/A|
|Company:||Green Recruitment Company|
|Sector:||Project & Programme|
|Job Categories:||Solar Power Jobs|
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 : £55,000 plus strong bonus & package
Location: Home based : preference South England
Consultant: Toby Day
Our client is a rapidly growing solar PV manufacturing company looking to take on a Technical Project Manager. They’re an exciting, friendly and very fast growing solar installation company. They really care about their work and about looking after their customers. They are highly ambitious and looking to build on their already very strong growth in the last 18 months.
- To work with the project development team based on defined business plan to ensure all related activities are properly planned, coordinated and implemented
- To undertake the survey, including electrical survey, design and specification of PV systems to meet clients’ needs and to assist in the preparation of quotes.
- To provide customers with technical advice and deal with difficulties of a technical nature.
- To develop and maintain reliable and positive relationships with suppliers, the DNO, ICP and other partners.
- To keep up to date with relevant regulatory and technological developments and best practice and to ensure compliance as required.
- To liaise with relevant third parties (e.g. planning authorities and DNO) to procure the necessary agreements for projects.
- To drive and support our partner and contractor site activities in relation to design, planning, installation, and commissioning of systems to ensure proper and safe functioning in accordance to specifications and design requirements
- To place orders, manage deliveries, receive and check equipment off against orders/bill of materials and authorise supplier invoices
- To produce and deliver hand-over system documentation and explain to the client how the system operates.
- To undertake system and company record keeping including financial information.
- To ensure all operational activities are in compliance with HSE, commercial and legal guidelines
- Degree in Electrical / PV / Power Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Project Management, ideally in the field of PV
- Experience of conducting site surveys and evaluations prior to installation in line with new MCS regulations
- A strong electrical background and sufficient knowledge to provide technical advice to customers
- An understanding of engineering recommendation G83 and G59 installations
- Proven experience of managing sub-contractors/ or line management experience of an installation team
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication and accurate record keeping abilities
- An ability to work in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Proficient in MS-Office, MS Project and AutoCAD software
- Commercial awareness: the ability to make sound business judgments ‘on the spot’, awareness of small business needs and how to develop the business
- Administrative Skills: Completer/finisher; Continuous Improvement: Implement and set up new systems
- Ability to prioritise in continually changing environment and to multi-task.
- A clean driving licence
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: