Technical Project Manager - Solar - Green Recruitment Company
This job expired on 11-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Design Manager 3 days ago
South East, South West, Bedfordshire
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Green Recruitment Solutions are representing a rapidly growing principal (main) contractor, who are currently seeking competent, suitably qualified and enthusiastic people to support their expandin...
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Business Development Manager (Electricity and Gas) Salary: up to £50,000 with bonus including company car Job Type: Permanent Location: Home based with travel across the South East Consultant: T...
Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant 23 days ago
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to :85,000 Location: Western Germany with international travel Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: VPP34 The Organisat...
Seismic Processing Geophysicist 22 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
The Role: You will be involved in all aspects of pre-processing from reformat, denoise to attenuate swell noise and seismic interference. Survey reprocessing fast track products, complete flow from...
Biomass Business Development Manager 3 days ago
East Anglia, East Midlands, South East
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Forwood Energy is a developing wood fuel supply company operating throughout the East of England and the East Midlands. We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to help us further develo...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£45000 - £55000 Per Annum plus strong bonus & pack|
|Experience:||Any or N/A|
|Company:||Green Recruitment Company|
|Sector:||Project & Programme|
|Job Categories:||Solar Power Jobs|
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 : £55,000 plus strong bonus & package
Location: Home based : preference South England
Consultant: Toby Day
Our client is a rapidly growing solar PV manufacturing company looking to take on a Technical Project Manager. They’re an exciting, friendly and very fast growing solar installation company. They really care about their work and about looking after their customers. They are highly ambitious and looking to build on their already very strong growth in the last 18 months.
- To work with the project development team based on defined business plan to ensure all related activities are properly planned, coordinated and implemented
- To undertake the survey, including electrical survey, design and specification of PV systems to meet clients’ needs and to assist in the preparation of quotes.
- To provide customers with technical advice and deal with difficulties of a technical nature.
- To develop and maintain reliable and positive relationships with suppliers, the DNO, ICP and other partners.
- To keep up to date with relevant regulatory and technological developments and best practice and to ensure compliance as required.
- To liaise with relevant third parties (e.g. planning authorities and DNO) to procure the necessary agreements for projects.
- To drive and support our partner and contractor site activities in relation to design, planning, installation, and commissioning of systems to ensure proper and safe functioning in accordance to specifications and design requirements
- To place orders, manage deliveries, receive and check equipment off against orders/bill of materials and authorise supplier invoices
- To produce and deliver hand-over system documentation and explain to the client how the system operates.
- To undertake system and company record keeping including financial information.
- To ensure all operational activities are in compliance with HSE, commercial and legal guidelines
- Degree in Electrical / PV / Power Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Project Management, ideally in the field of PV
- Experience of conducting site surveys and evaluations prior to installation in line with new MCS regulations
- A strong electrical background and sufficient knowledge to provide technical advice to customers
- An understanding of engineering recommendation G83 and G59 installations
- Proven experience of managing sub-contractors/ or line management experience of an installation team
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication and accurate record keeping abilities
- An ability to work in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Proficient in MS-Office, MS Project and AutoCAD software
- Commercial awareness: the ability to make sound business judgments ‘on the spot’, awareness of small business needs and how to develop the business
- Administrative Skills: Completer/finisher; Continuous Improvement: Implement and set up new systems
- Ability to prioritise in continually changing environment and to multi-task.
- A clean driving licence
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: