Tidal Turbine Loads Engineer - Huxley Associates
This job expired on 05-12-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Solar PV Electrician/Engineer (full-time) 24 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
SUNfarming is one of Europe’s leading Solar PV providers with more than 20 years experience providing solar energy solutions. Installing over 30MWp of Photovoltaic systems per year and specialising...
Energy Account Manager 9 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Account Manager Industry Sector: Energy/Utilities Job Type: Permanent Salary: £25-30,000 DOE Location: Leicestershire Consultant: Aimee Mail Referenc...
Loan Compliance Manager 8 days ago
My client are a leading developer, owner and operator of renewable assets in the UK. They boast an impressive track record of delivering a full turnkey solution to clients in a cost and time effect...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 8 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
An exciting opportunity within a leading developer of tidal stream technology has recently became available, offering the right candidate the opportunity to be involved in this pioneering technology.My client is looking for someone to take on the role of rotor load calculations and is offering a position of a turbine loads engineer within this rapidly expanding organisation. This position is based in Scotland and offers a competitive salary.
The role will involve:
- Aerolastic model preparation
- Developing the relevant set of load cases in close co-operation with the certification body
- Carrying out load calculations including post-processing
- Development of a fully integrated and dynamic rotor - drive train optimisation tool for various other model interfaces
- Share your knowledge of hydro dynamical calculations with your colleagues across Europe
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following:
- A degree in aerodynamics or other numerical specialisation
- Knowledge of either GH bladed, Aerodyn, FLEX, HAWC
- Knowledge of DNV, GL or IEC standards
- Knowledge of Matlab, C++, C#
Please contact me immediately expressing your interest in this position and an indication to your availability over the next two weeks to conduct an initial telephone conference.