Wind Control Room Manager - Centrica
This job expired on 25-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Project Site Manager – Anaerobic Digestion 6 days ago
Norwich, Ipswich, Bedford
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit a Project site Manager for a Principal Contractor that specialises in the design and construction of AD (Anaerobic Digestion) facilities...
Contaminated Land Project Manager 26 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Project Manager Industry Sector: Ground Engineering, Environmental, Geoenvironmental Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £30,000 Site/Office Location: South-East Regional Coverage: South-...
Corporate 3+PQE 11 days ago
Our client is a leader in the energy space and firmly at the forefront of innovation. They are looking to hire a corporate lawyer as legal counsel for their growing legal team based in London.Repor...
Health & Safety Manager - Wind 10 days ago
London, Central/West End, City
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager - Wind Job Type: Permanent Salary: £50 : 60,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Reference: HSSTL:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company ...
Technical Project Manager 6 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Technical Project Manager – London, UK £40000- £60000 + Benefits. The company, an Independent Power Producer (IPP) who finance, develop, construct and operate their own solar PV p...
|Salary band:||£70k - £80k|
|Salary Details:||Package up to £75k|
|Location:||UK , Lincolnshire , Sutton|
|Sector:||Engineering | Environmental|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs | Wind Energy Jobs|
Wind Control Room Manager
Centrica Energy is looking for a Wind Control Room Manager to take on an exciting new role based in Grimsby.
- Package Up to £75k incl car allowance, bonus & pension
- Location: Grimsby
Centrica currently provides operation and maintenance services for 220MW of onshore and offshore wind generation assets. An extensive build program is underway adding the 270MW (75 turbines) Lincs wind farm in 2012, and continuing growth through Race Bank, Docking Shoal and Irish Sea developments.
Due to the fast growing nature of the Centrica Renewable Energy Ltd (CREL) business the Wind Control Room Manager will be required to adopt a flexible approach to work, collaborating with a wide range of teams.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will work closely with managers from across the Renewables business to supply centralised wind control room, marine co-ordination, stores and Grimsby office facilities to a range of projects. Control room operations are on a 24/7/365 basis to meet demanding scheduled and often unscheduled site requirements.
You will ensure managerial, technical or commercial aspects do not compromise the health and safety of personnel, environmental requirements or integrity of sites.
Wind Control Room Manager - The Role:
- Manage a new team of wind control room operators to supply 24/7/365 remote monitoring and operational support for Centricas wind farm assets.
- Manage a team of Marine Co-ordinators to supply 24/7/365 marine co-ordination services to Centricas renewable offshore projects in development, construction and operational phases.
- Through others, manage and maintain the Grimsby Operations Base business, supplying office functions, stores facilities and team administrative support to business and contractor teams.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental targets are achieved at the Grimsby Operations Base ensuring compliance with, and continuous improvement of, the site Health, Safety and Environmental management systems and practices
- Work closely with the operational sites to ensure control room services are developed and delivered to assist sites to maintain the highest standards of health and safety, meet production targets, monitor weather data, report on key performance indicators and, through data gathering and analysis, improve the integrity and performance of the operational sites.
- Support operational site maintenance activities through defect recording, work planning, maintenance scheduling, workflow and spares management. Use and develop asset management systems (e.g. SAP) as required and in alignment with business processes.
- Develop, manage and implement agreed procedures to undertake remote operational activities in line with Safety Rules and all legal requirements.
- Manage and co-ordinate the commercial interactions between site, National Grid/DNO and CREL energy trading teams on behalf of sites, to communicate planned outages, forced shutdowns and grid instructions between parties.
- You may be required to cover the role of the Production Manager for operational or organisational reasons
Wind Control Room Manager - The Person:
- Demonstrable skills and experience in successfully managing the performance of a group or team of people
- A strong technical background with suitable academic qualification or apprenticeship in an engineering or technical discipline.
- Experience of Wind Turbines/power plant (or equivalent process) operation within the power generation, or similar process industry.
- An in-depth knowledge and proven track record in compliance with HS&E policies and procedures with a suitable qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Certificate).
- Strong commercial acumen with a broad understanding of current and potential business drivers.
- The ability to influence groups and individuals within the organisation, to gain their commitment to deliver business objectives.
- The ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholder
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of application of IS systems such as, Maintenance Management systems, data logging systems and shift logging systems. Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working offshore
- Practical understanding of safe systems of work and Safety Rule systems
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the Apply button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
This role is part of an ongoing recruitment campaign until 18th March 2012
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button,
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.