Wind Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 plus and Benefits + Bonus
Location: Oxfordshire - UK Travel
Consultant: Matt Churchward
Our client is a leading renewable energy investment, development and asset management business. Their UK renewable business is developing a large portfolio of new projects across southern England and Wales. This is an exciting time to join one of the UK's most significant and fastest growing renewable energy businesses.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Wind, the remit of the Wind Development Manager will be to find and develop sites for generation of wind electricity and to manage these sites from inception to generation of power. The role is responsible for delivering against or exceeding all targets with respect to option and lease signing on target sites suitable for wind installation, according to defined success criteria.
This will be ideally suited to a candidate from a real estate background who has been involved in Land Acquisition deals for Wind Developments and has a good knowledge of the planning implications of these types of sites.
· The identification, assessment and selection of potential wind energy sites within designated regions of the UK with emphasis on sites near to existing wind projects and solar project.
Find sites that can re-powered to deliver increased power on the same site footprint.
· For sites that have already been identified, managing the wind farm development process including feasibility studies, wind assessment, EIA, permitting and grid connection.
· Interaction with the key people responsible for permitting development, locally and nationally.
· Review, develop and assess the financial, planning, environmental and technical elements of wind farm projects
· Assist in the negotiations and contracting of key consultants or development subcontractors
· Ensure effective liaison and a smooth hand over from prospecting to development for successful projects
· Keeping up-to-date with new regulations that are passed throughout UK
Experience and skills
· Successful track record of managing wind energy development and in site selection and site design
· In depth relevant experience in UK Wind Farm project development, particularly in site prospecting, coordinating EIA/ feasibility studies, and acquisition of options from landowners
· Ability to think creatively to successfully overcome obstacles and achieve objectives
· Valid driving license
· Demonstrable experience of successful people management skills and affinity for working with myriad stakeholders
· Excellent IT skills - Photoshop, MSOffice, Excel & Powerpoint
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: