Wind Planner (Onshore Wind)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Consultant: Patrick Wall
Our client is a leading renewable energy investment, development and asset management business. Their UK renewable business is developing a large portfolio of wind projects across south west England and Scotland. This is an exciting time to join one of the UK’s fastest growing renewable energy businesses.
Reporting to the Wind Development Director, the remit of the Wind Planner will be to drive the efforts of the Planning team. You willl be responsible for securing consented planning permissions on the portfolio of Wind renewable projects with respect to planning, and delivering consented planning to meet targets. This will involve creatively strategising the planning process forming excellent working relationships with stakeholders in the planning process. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Planning team are working proactively with the Site Acquisition teams to identify any factors that may lead to objections during the planning application process, and where possible mitigating these issues. You will be responsible for ensuring that any conditions associated with consent are fully complied with across the portfolio of projects.
• Own and drive the performance of the Planning Team delivering consented and permitted sites to meet targets
• Advise the site acquisition teams on the feasibility of planning consent being granted for the renewable projects in the context of the site characteristics and relevant planning policy
• Form excellent working relationships with stakeholders in local planning authorities and other bodies addressing and resolving possible objections
• Anticipate and mitigate any possible objections from parish officials, local authority officials and the community at large
• Prepare and submit planning applications in compliance with local authority planning regulations and procedures
• Ensure that all conditions with respect to planning consent are complied with in the build process
• Instruct and co-ordinate the work of external planning consultants where necessary
• Proactively keep the business informed of trends in planning as relevant to the renewable industry
Experience and skills:
• Onshore/Offshore wind experience
• MRTPI Accredited
• Experience in Development Control
• Proven track record of managing teams
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.