7 months ago
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. To further consolidate and strengthen our wind turbine service and maintenance teams in Scotland. We are looking for a qualified and committed Wind Field Technician
* Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems in Scotland, including clarification of any client queries
* Planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems
* Documentation of call-out responses, fault finding and repair work in service reports, logbooks and checklists
* Coordination of external and internal service providers and contractors on site
* Contact person for client technical queries, such as retrofits and repairs
* Professional training in electrical engineering sector (electrician, power electronics system, mechatronic engineer)
* Familiar with MS-Office operating system
* Familiar with PLCs
* High degree of quality awareness; excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems
* Team player, cooperative, interested in further development
* Confident personality
* Able to work at heights
* Structured worker with technical analytical abilities
* High degree of flexibility, highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure
* Prepared to travel throughout Scotland
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Electrical/ mechanical service or maintenance experience will be the additional advantage
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Inverness