Wind Turbine Load Engineer. Germany. EU60k-EU70k - Viridium Associates
This job expired on 16-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principle Geotechnical Engineer 27 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is pleased to represent one of the top engineering consultancies, serving public agencies and the private sector around the world in their search fo...
Operational Wind Farm Analyst 27 days ago
South West, Bristol, Somerset
Although the DNV GL name is new, the company has a rich heritage in renewable energy and integrates the powerful legacy of DNV, GL and Garrad Hassan. BE PART OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST RENE...
Low Carbon Energy Consultant (Sustainability) 24 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Low Carbon Energy Consultant (Sustainability) A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Low Carbon Energy Consultant to join an award winning, multi disciplined Building Services consultancy in the...
Offshore Processing Geophysicist 17 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Re; Processing Geophysicist - £60k - United Kingdom Up to £60k (Off Shore)5 Weeks On - 5 Weeks Off Offshore/Onboard Processing Geophysicist responsible for processing, quality control and assurance...
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
You will be responsible for the aero-elastic simulation of the turbine and load reduction by optimising design and control strategy. You will have a strong interface with the support structure design team. The loads engineer is part of the mechanical team and reports to the Team Leader Mechanical Engineering.
- Perform load studies by using aero-elastic codes
- Tune loads by optimising designs and control strategies
- Responsible for obtaining loads certification; cooperate with certification authority
- Produce and maintain loads documents
- Cooperate with other technical disciplines in the organisation
- Manage related work packages outsourced to contractors
Advanced degree (MSc) in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or in a closely related discipline
- At least 5 Years of relevant working experience
- Fundamental knowledge of aerodynamics
- Extensive knowledge of (wind turbine) system behaviour
- Good organizational and communication skills and be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Self-starter and pro-active problem German
- German Speaking