6 months ago
Job Title: Wind Turbine Safety Engineer
Salary: £35,147 – £46,418 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent| Full Time Hours
You will be involved in ensuring safety and quality on our 504Mw wind farm site is adhered to. The site operates Siemens 3.6MW turbines and your role will involve escorting Contractors completing various up tower work scopes, ownership of fault monitoring and resets, setting up a Quality Assurance process and implementing it and auditing turbines which have been serviced. Applicants with good practical experience of Siemens 3.6MW turbines and qualified with a 3.6MW turbine authorisation would be suited for the role.
Your responsibilities will also include
- Work towards taking ownership of alarm interface and perform a check process for the resetting of turbines
- Assist with the development of a formal and repeatable service inspection process
- Compile detailed reports on all findings in a diligent and standardised way.
- Work closely with the Lead engineer for maintenance management to develop effective preventative and corrective maintenance routines
- Act as first line plant support to the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Ensure that SSE Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines with the responsibility for the reporting and recording
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline or have the equivalent experience and have previous experience in an electro mechanical production environment with responsibility for plant integrity and monitoring.
Experience of working on Siemens 3.6MW turbine experience essential, as is being familiar with working under a Permit to Work based Safe System of Work. You will be able to regularly work at height and offshore with training provided.
Renewable Operations operates and maintains sites across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 7th of May 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.