The Project Development Associate or Manager will develop and support the development of large-scale renewable projects across the U.S. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of project development for solar and energy storage projects. The position will collaborate with the Strategy & Investment, Power Marketing, Capital Markets and Projects teams during the development phase from origination / M&A to notice-to-proceed.
- Analyze regional market competitive dynamics: Identify active developers in each market, identify the position of the projects owned by active developers, and identify potential acquisition or partnership targets
- Analyze interconnection queue data and GIS layers (including solar resource, land ownership, wetlands and floodplains, etc.) to identify ideal location for renewable energy projects
- Secure site control, mineral surface waivers, easements, right-of-way, and crossing agreements for greenfield projects
- Obtain title commitments, and work with internal and external resources to cure exceptions
- Prepare application packages and acquire all permits needed to construct and operate large-scale solar and energy storage projects including local, state, and federal approvals
- Manage landowner relationships, and plan, initiate, and manage community outreach efforts
- Prepare presentation material for public hearings and represent company whenever needed
- Perform due diligence on the projects targeted for acquisition or development partnership
- Support the Development team in developing and tracking project budgets, schedules, and forecast management, including coordinating project prioritization.
- Collaborate with internal team and external consultant(s) to evaluate the project site, project design, technology options and procurement strategies.
- Prepare progress reports presentation materials
- Track deadlines for internal project deliverables
- Manage task orders in support of the Development tea
- Providing oversight for the projects developed by development partners
- Manage vendors and external consultants as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for renewable energy
- Experience in project development in the renewable energy, real estate or related industry preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated tenacity and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, self-finding resources to learn about new topics, seeking input when needed, and following through on open items to completion.
- Strong desire to learn and leverage existing experience to support the Development function for large-scale Solar and Energy Storage projects.
- Skilled with MS Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expert communication, analytical, and organization skills.
- Strong sense of ownership over individual contributions and team success.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area; North Carolina; Virginia; Denver, CO; San Diego, CA; Austin, TX; preferred but not required. Open to remote work.
The position requires up to 30% domestic travel.
Base Pay - $90,000 - $150,000
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, such as skill set, experience, certifications, specific work location, and other non-discriminatory factors permitted by law. Base pay may vary per location due to differences in the cost of living.
The total compensation package for this position may also include an annual discretionary bonus, full Health & Wellness Benefits package, generous Long Term Incentive plan designed with our partnership mentality in mind, and other applicable incentive perks as outlined in any formal offer made. The final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the hiring process.
Our Health & Wellness Benefits
SB Energy’s Benefits programs are designed to support our team members and their families while keeping their well-being, happiness, and varying needs in mind. SB Energy employees may enroll in our benefits programs and take advantage of customized perks and offerings, including those designed to support families, however defined. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance: 100% premium covered by the company, for employees and dependents
- Long-Term Disability (LTD), Life Insurance, AD&D and Voluntary Legal Insurance Plan
- Competitive Retirement Benefits with 401(k) company match
- Generous Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- 12 weeks fully paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Medical & Dependent FSA; Transit & Commuter FSA with employer contributions
- Mental Health Wellness Offerings
- Discounted Physical Wellness plan & Pet Insurance
- Monthly reimbursement for Phone/Internet/Data
- Phone Equipment Purchase Benefits
- Thoughtful Hybrid Workplace Set-up Benefits
Promote Sustainability with a Purpose - At SB Energy, you may choose to become a part of our ‘Just Renewables’ Committee and work along with team members who share a belief in pursuing our mission in such a way that empowers a diverse and inclusive workforce that advances social justice and equity for our employees as well as partners and communities!
SB Energy is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. SB Energy strives to create an inclusive culture and safe environment for all.
To learn more about us, visit www.sbenergy.com.